New Storm lures suck!

I have been looking for specific baits and just remembered that Storm was bought out by rapala. Rapala did the dumbest thing ever and got rid of all the prizm style baits storm used to make.

Well with that being said I found a company that now makes those baits called Kaboom lures. The guys that work for Kaboom used to work for/own Storm before they were bought by Rapala. If you don't have some take a look at them they have always been real big producers for me with walleye and trout.

Ok just a few questions about your claim. According to storms site you can buy the prism, look here. Second of all I believe Rapala has owned stporm since 1998, thats almost 15 years

You are correct that The owner of Daves Kaboom lures is the same Dave that sold his business to Rapala as he was the owner of storm lures. You will see they definately still have the prisms. I also believe the prisms that Kaboom sells are the exact same patterns that storm still sell. I guess I am trying to make sense of your title that new storm lures suck

http://www.rapala.com/on/demandware.sto ... -hardbaits

http://daveslures.com/deepkaboomshiner.html

I know they still sell some of the prizms but unfortunately they do not sell the deep thunder stick Jr. in prizm or I can't find them. I like the black prizms for walleye but there aren't any places that sell them. They are still selling the larger ones but the smaller ones are coming herd to come by unless you buy vintage storms on ebay.

• 3 years later...

Kaboom Lures was the grandsom of Bill storm of Storm Lures.

Big retailers hurt business and pricing structures were tight on margins

I helped him with some of his colors w/ pictures

Very Challening!

I have some Dj and some J Thundersticks as well as hundreds of rattlin thin fins, Flat warts, pee wee wart some wiggle warts and som Deep Thundersticks and baby thundersticks

[email protected]

C# 518-265-3963

Yup I have made the switch to Bay Rats last year and they have produced just as well as the old storms. I will be buying some more this spring I wish they gave a discount when buying 10 or more.

I buy a $100.00 worth of lures off our local tackle shop at a time and I asked the same thing, Carol replied my lures are less $$ than Cabelas and they are I checked if I give a break I'm making nothing and might as well close up. I told her I understand I was in buisness for myself also long bomberA $5.49 smithwicks,same, and Rapalas $9.25 Cabelas is higher and I don't burn $30 in fuel that's 5-6 more lures.