Keuka 9-15

My dad wanted to get out and do some fishing, so my parents came up from PA for the weekend. We decided to go to Keuka, just wanted to get out, relax and have fun. We hit Penn Yan at about 6:45am, get the boat ready and we are off! As we are putting in, we hear the blast off of the Dave Woods open. I had to twitch a little, love that sound. The weather forecast had looked like rain, but it stopped by the time we got to the water, and held off the rest of the day. The weather was overcast, air temp was cool, about 50 degrees. Water temp was between 70 and 71 everywhere we were in the Penn Yan branch.

We make a pretty cold quick run down the lake to our fist spot. The wind was light so I get my dad set up with a wacky rig Senko. I start out with a spinner bait. He gets a few rock bass and a few small large mouths pretty quick. Not a bad start. SB and cranks go nothing for me as we worked down the outer weed edge. I picked up a non-keep on a DS. We had been marking some fish out deeper, but no takers on the DS. The wind pickd up, so I bump out, throw out the drift sock and set up my dad with a tube. I was getting the spoon ready for the biggest concentration of marks we had. Drop the spoon down the best marks, reach down the screw with the drift sock, get a bite and miss it. Real up, check out everything, drop back it. Second lift fish on. About a 2.5lb SM breaks me off jumping at the boat. Oh well, should have netted it. Retie and re-drift. Second drift gives up no bites on the spoon but dad swings and misses on the tube. We decide to move onto some new water.

We run to the west side and start working down the outer weed edge, concentrating on points. I worked the DS most of the day and dad threw a senko. We ended up with a few nice ones on both baits (both SM and LM) and a ton of rock bass. A few pickerel were thrown in for good measure.

We got to see the Sea Planes flying over the lake, which was pretty cool. Headed in about 2:15 with the intent of beating the tx guys, of course we timed it just right to be there at the same time they were all getting in. All in all it was a great day on the water. A few pics should be below!

Bill

DadLM.jpg

LM.jpg

SM.jpg

Planes.jpg