LEADCORE

Hey guys I am new to the whole leadcore set up.

Im looking to spool up my daiwa 47LC with some core.

Was planning on using some braid as backing

and suggestions on if i should go with 18 or 27 lbs test core?

should i run full 10 colour and then a leader?

or should i segment the colours with sections of braid?

i am looking to fish lake o bronte area and also a few trips to erie for the eyes

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Wouldn't get too fancy- the less connections the better. The knot I use is very simple to connect core to backing or leader. Pull the coating back about 6 inches, cut the lead, and thread the leader into the space that the lead used to occupy and tie a knot. Forget what the knot is called but super easy. A 20-50 foot floro leader is plenty

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

if i used 18lb test do you think i could get a whole 10 colour on

Seems like you may be focusing on the reel rather than the result. What do you wish to accomplish with your lead, how deep do you want the lure attached to that particular line to go?

Answer that question and then fill the reel with the correct amount of the #test that achieves your goal.

I use the core to reach fish <40' down so I run a 3, 5, 7 color of 27#.

>40' use the coppers, 2, 3, 4, 6, (X100)

If you are only fishing walleyes, you will not need much backing, I would think 50-100 yards would be more than enough.

i just put a full core on my 47's with 360 ft of 50lb braid backing with 30ft of 30lb test to make sure the braid dont slip on the spool, 20ft flouro leader, works fine, all tied with albright knot, although i am concerned that a king may spool me, but 360 ft to play with should be enough, if not, if anyone catches a king with that setup in his mouth i would like it back, with a reward of coarse, lol

fast ans silver

what test of core did you use?

what do you mean 30ft of 30 lbs tesT?

so you put 360ft of 50lb braid and then your full core then leader?

does it damage the lead if you do not have it all in the water

example spooled with 10 colours and only put 5 out?

i just put a full core on my 47's with 360 ft of 50lb braid backing with 30ft of 30lb test to make sure the braid dont slip on the spool, 20ft flouro leader, works fine, all tied with albright knot, although i am concerned that a king may spool me, but 360 ft to play with should be enough, if not, if anyone catches a king with that setup in his mouth i would like it back, with a reward of coarse, lol

Pay attention to your reel when a king is screaming and turn the boat 90 degrees as soon as you think/know it is a screamer and you should be fine. If you have a line counter tighten your drag when you get to the last 100'