mercury outboard trouble again

bhotz85

i have a 75 hp mercury 2 stroke. the motor starts right up idles fine trolls perfect but when i go to full throttle it does not rev up right away and even when it gets to full speed its not as fast as it should be. just had the carbs off and cleaned them. anybody have any ideas on what it might be? been missing alot of fishing this year bc of this motor lol . thanks in advanced

I think we all need some more details, symptoms. Is it stumbling at high speed, has a miss at high speed etc? Has it had a set of new plugs recently? How old is the motor? Do the plug wires etc look good, no cracks etc? Permanent gas tank and if so how old is the gas? Those are the questions that any mechanic is going to ask or anyone on here with a suggestion?

thanks

does not stumble at high speeds just takes awhile to get there, can push the throttle all the way down and does not accelerate takes a min to get to speed . new plugs last fall with only had the boat out twice with new plugs, new gas about a week ago. checked the wires they all look good. the motor is a 1986 and the prop is brand new a year ago. i had problems a couple months ago with gas coming out of the vent jet so i took the carbs off cleaned them and the boat ran at full speed put would not run at trolling speed so took them back off to make sure i didnt miss anything put them back on and now idles fine runs at low speed good but just wont jump to full throttle right. thanks guys