Poll:Would you release a 10-14 lb Walleye from Eastern L.O ?

BP Swing

Keep or release a 10-14 lb walleye?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or release a 10-14 lb walleye?

• Keep it
    • release it

I do fish the bay of quinte alot. Thats why I have released som many big girls. Actually most of the fish we catch are between 5-10 lbs and they get released as well. I am not a meat hunter. If I want walleye to eat I will fish my local lake or oneida and keep 15=20 inch fish. I have had to keep a few big fish over the years for tournies and even then we make the best release effort we can. I guess people have to just realize that Lake Ontarios walleye population is delicate.

I do fish the bay of quinte alot. Thats why I have released som many big girls. Actually most of the fish we catch are between 5-10 lbs and they get released as well. I am not a meat hunter. If I want walleye to eat I will fish my local lake or oneida and keep 15=20 inch fish. I have had to keep a few big fish over the years for tournies and even then we make the best release effort we can. I guess people have to just realize that Lake Ontarios walleye population is delicate.

+++ Couldn't agree more

Caught a nice 'eye in early May 2011 just outside of the entry to Hugh's in Wayne Co in the Big O while tryin' for the early salmonid shore bite. Had not even hooked the Rapala to the planer board yet. Fish hit while attempting to clamp in the release! About an 8lbr. There are more and more of the big ones; but not like the Bay of Quinte (from what I understand)......

It depends. If it was my first 14lb. walleye ever I would keep it for a mount. If i caught another 14lb walleye after catching 1 I would take a picture and send it back. I would only keep 1 trophy with that being said it if I caught a larger walleye 15 or more I would still throw it back seeing how I already have my trophy.

Yes, I have done it several times mostly because I was there to catch trout and salmon. Was told by a neighbor that they are the best eating fish on the lake. Maybe next time.