Point Penninsula /Chaumont Bay idea?

I'm heading north on thursday for this years "fishing trip", bringing us to Shangrila on point penninsula for the weekend. Never been to the area, wondering if there's any advice with where to fish and where to have a few beers. We'll have a couple boats, but no trolling gear unfortunately. Mainly casting and jigging for pike and perch, but any ideas are more than welcome! I love checking out new waters and different tactics. I've heard stories of eyes around there, maybe we'll get lucky!

Thanks in advance!

I have a buddy with a house on Point Peninsula and have been fishing up there for many years. Chaumont Bay is a great warm water fishery, but it can be a bear at times. Lots of Smallies, a few LMB, Northern and lots and lots of perch. There is a weedy flat and then a drop off out in front of Shangri La which can hold all kinds of stuff, just be careful of the old piers just under the surface which may or may not be marked with buoys. The rest of the bay is an open book with tons of structure and miles of open water. The most challenging aspect is the open water fishing, which in my experience is where the big girls hang out. They are where you find them. Walleyes are mostly transient, but there is a limited local population. The transients are now moving back out towards the main lake, so if you want to give them a go, hang a right and try the structure at the mouth of the bay. It can be sporty out there.

As for watering holes, Shangri La is it for the Peninsula. Beer, burgers and fries. Chaumont and Cape Vincent are next closest. One more thing – unless your boat runs on water, get your gas on the mainland. Enjoy

Paul