Canandaigua Derby Results?

When we weighed in yesterday big fish was a LT 13lb and change, bows were all 5-5.9, Browns were in the 8lb range and LT division was in the 8lb range. Yesterday was a tough bite, we fished 5am-1 with a 10 rod spread nad did some lure washing, bite picked up a bit around 11 but we couldn't manage anything bigeer than just over 5lbs.

Saturday morning we started out at 5am and started hitting fish on the north end right away. Pretty much everything we had out took some shots. Dialed them in pretty good and ended Saturday morning 24 for 31 and off the water by around 11. A mix of Lakers and Rainbows....nothing really too big except for the one my wife weighed in. Weighed in at 11 pounds and change. Went back out in the afternoon for a couple hours and picked up some more...I think we landed another 9 for the few hours in the afternoon....a few lakers in the 7 pound range, but they all went back in. Spoon bite in the morning which sort of transitioned over to a flasher/fly bite deeper mid to late morning which got really hot.

Sunday morning we started out in the same area with the same program as the day prior. The screen wasn't nearly as good as the day before, so we started searching. Ended up picking up and making a run and started working some bait balls around 7:30am....only way we could get fish to fire was to work around the bait on Sunday. Very tough bite for us. Went 11 for 12 Sunday morning. We lost a giant brown that was probably over 12 pounds...so that sucked, but you can't win them all. All spoons on Sunday. Never moved a wire diver with flasher/fly Sunday through mid-morning, so I swapped the wires out for slide divers with spoons...which bought us a couple more fish.

Never went back out in the afternoon as we were tired. Left Baldwinsville both mornings at around 2:45 am to get to Canandaigua and rods in by 5:00 am.

Picture of my wife's 11.06 pound Laker that wound up earning her 3rd overall and $500 which I'm sure she already has spent LOL! I thought maybe she would share the proceeds with the net man! Anyways a great couple mornings of fishing. Ended the weekend 44 for 54. Mostly lakers followed by some rainbows and a couple small browns. Hot lures were regular sized Stingers in green dolphin and black widow. Yeck copper muffin also did some damage. For flashers and flys, pretty much just ran green gator spinny with hypnotist fly on one side and a davey jones chip with a UV green crinkle fly on the other diver....only two combos we ran there....

IMG_1010.jpg

2012 Canandaigua Trout Derby Winners:

Grand Prize Division:

First : Don Washburn LT 13.48#

Second : Donna Bergman LT 11.44#

Third : Elaine Mallory LT 11.05#

Brown Trout Division:

First : Jacob Snowbarger BT 9.96#

Second : Blane Staples BT 7.48#

Third : Kevin Sheehan BT 7.48#

Note: 2nd and 3ed place tied

Lake Trout Division:

First : Craig Morgan LT 9.43#

Second : Gary Brutsman LT 8.14#

Third : Scott Huber LT 8.03#

Rainbow Trout Division:

First : Don Sampson RT 5.99#

Second : Justin Schwenzer 5.94#

Third : Samantha Page 5.82#

2012 Canandaigua Trout Derby Winners:

Grand Prize Division:

First : Don Washburn LT 13.48#

Second : Donna Bergman LT 11.44#

Third : Elaine Mallory LT 11.05#

Brown Trout Division:

First : Jacob Snowbarger BT 9.96#

Second : Blane Staples BT 7.48#

Third : Kevin Sheehan BT 7.48#

Note: 2nd and 3ed place tied

Lake Trout Division:

First : Craig Morgan LT 9.43#

Second : Gary Brutsman LT 8.14#

Third : Scott Huber LT 8.03#

Rainbow Trout Division:

First : Don Sampson RT 5.99#

Second : Justin Schwenzer 5.94#

Third : Samantha Page 5.82#

Thanks for the report on the fishing derby results. Great job on your wife taking 3rd. You folks put allot of fish in the boat. Awesome job. :yes: