Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Not seeing many reports this week, must be the cold water moving in that has slowed the fishing?

Any tips on how or what depths to target fish this weekend, I am fishing close to Olcott or even the Oak as long as the lake is calm enough for the 16....Thanks

====================

I'm in the same boat as you (16' literally) :) I'm taking some inner city children fishing this week/weekend too. And I too am unsure where to go... It looks like the Oak has some very cold water now. The surface temp map shows Wilson to be about 5 degrees warmer. I am thinking that the Niagara bar might be the best bet. Unless I find some better information we will probably launch out of Wilson on Thursday and work our way west toward the bar. I will try to respond Thursday night if we have any success. Good luck :)

Guys, i was there last weekend and the fishing was tough. I ended up trying to avoid the wind and went to the bar. Water temp dropped from 60 on the surface to 49 after the blow on Friday. We found the best fishing Saturday in 40-50' of water for cohoes, steelies and shakers. Did 9 for 13 with three keepers for dinner but nothing big. Took the light brown trout gear to create some type of challenge. Of course that could all change by this weekend but wanted to share what I could. Also heard some guys reporting heading out to 550' of water to find fish but that is a long haul for a small boat.

Well we gave the oak a try this morning, unfortunately my outboard was out of commission. I just replaced the water pump but it is still setting off the overheating alarm. It is a force outboard so I do not believe you can see it squirt. However I was able to troll out front for a few hours with the electric motor. We picked up 2 browns in 20-30 fow, and a stealhead in 50 fow. Everything was near the top, and they were all about 5lbs. We did not venture out further than 50 fow. We had a couple other releases (1 on the downrigger) but nobody was home. The browns each took a silver NK28 with green/yellow tape, and the stealhead took a floating chartreuse rapala #11. I hope this helps. :)