Oak Park Marina- Sodus Bay

Does anyone know if Oak Park Marina is still in business? I've been trying to contact them via phone & email for the past 1 1/2 months and not getting any response?? Just wondering if any of you Sodus Guys know.

Thanks,

John

I think that marina got a bad name after people found there were cameras in the bathrooms and they were showing the videos after hours. It was a nice marina, but a lot of non fisherman that werent happy with our old smoky 2 stroke or waking them up at 5am when we left. And it was a very long drive to the lake. If you cant get a hold of anyone and need me to check it out for you this weekend, let me know.

Nick

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

oak park was the best marina on the south shore of the lake, great people, very friendly staff, boaters came back year after year. I personaly docked there for over 20 years, and all I can say is you could not ask for a better place to spend your summer. THEN, a new owner took over, all downhill from there, regulars left in bunches, not so much a "frendly place" anymore. Just my 2 cents

To bad it went to hell, I chartered out of there in the 90ties and met some nice boaters and fishermen. It wasn't hard to find a party going on, The blow boaters had a big race and a party after, I walked down the Road from the parking lot to A dock about 10:30 after one of there partys and found a partyer laying in the middle of the roadway, I walked by, then went back to see if he was all right, I said to him are you all right and he said I fell down and I can't reach my hat. :lol::lol: . They let the marina go to hell after they opened the bar. :(

Thanks for the offer Nick. We were looking to take a family trip up there over the 4th of July and stay on the boat. The kids would like the pool and restaurant. I might drive up this weekend to check everything out for myself in person. I saw that the place was for sale at $2.2 million. :itwasntme: I knew about the bad rap from years ago but it has always looked like a nice place in comparison to other marinas on Lake Ontario.

Thanks for the info guys.

John

Thanks for the offer Nick. We were looking to take a family trip up there over the 4th of July and stay on the boat. The kids would like the pool and restaurant. I might drive up this weekend to check everything out for myself in person. I saw that the place was for sale at $2.2 million. :itwasntme: I knew about the bad rap from years ago but it has always looked like a nice place in comparison to other marinas on Lake Ontario.

Thanks for the info guys.

John

You can also try Sodus Bay Marina... they have a pool and are closer to the point.

http://www.marinalife.com/reservations/ ... s-point-ny

Nick

• 4 months later...

Oak Park Resort Marina is open! I was a boater under the previous owners and current owners. When the new owners bought the place 5 years ago, they made many upgrades and improvements. The bath house and landscape were improved. The boaters lounge, fire pit, inn and pool side grill were added. Weekly entertainment was added also as well as a more expansive social calendar. As with every marina, each year boaters come and go. I have seen many boaters that have left, return. As well as many new boaters arrive. The fact is, Oak Park is still the most popular marina on the Bay. There are more boaters at Oak Park then any other marina on the bay. That is a fact supported by a physical survey of inventory. Any negative comments on this site are more a comment on the reviewer then on Oak Park. Don't believe it, you should check it out for yourself. I got out of boating a few years ago. But if I ever get back in, I'll go right back to Oak Park.

• 1 month later...

Last year was our first year there (2012). Great place, a whole lot cheaper than anything around Rochester and Irondeqout bay ! You can never please everyone you can't beat it for the price, poo,l hot tub, clean bathhouse, boater friendly bar & resturant. We will be back again this year for sure.