Any Hemlock updates?

Thermocline is setting up now. Fish are scatters all over the place. Zachblaine is correct. Best bet is to maximize the amount of baits you have in the water and try all depths. Your going to have to work to get on them.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Did quite well last Saturday morning. Lakers and Bows off the riggers and the wire with flasher/fly. I'll be down there Friday night for eye's and switch to trout at sunrise.

Good Luck! :beer:

More details? Location? Depth?

Thanks!

Both lakes are small, doesn't take long to find em

Depends on what you mean by "long." It takes a good half an hour to travel Hemlock's 7 mile length with 2 people on a 9.9HP at full throttle. :)

Both lakes are small, doesn't take long to find em

Depends on what you mean by "long." It takes a good half an hour to travel Hemlock's 7 mile length with 2 people on a 9.9HP at full throttle. :)

Very true lol, I gain 6 mph when I move myself to the front of the boat, pull that maneuver quite often on hemlock

Skunked!!

Tried just about everything could think of, different depths and lures. Even got up at 4am for the first time in a long time to get there early! Oh well... I *had* been warned! :$ Beautiful day on the lake though, even if a little windy.

But - here's a strange thing that happened, now a second time at Hemlock. I get what seems like a snag - the reel just starts unspooling continuously - not a jerky kind of motion a fish bite would produce. As I kill the engine and try to reel in, it feels like this thing is pulling away fast, but from the same spot. At any point I can stop and it feels like there's no pull for a second, but then there's a hard pull again. Battled this monster for a good 10 minutes before the line broke taking a spoon with it. This was on an 'extra' rod with a jet diver - I'd be mad if I lost a dipsy. Any thoughts? Only thing I can think of is a heavy branch or something and a strong underwater current.

Sometimes you will hook a fish somewhere on its body. This makes it so you don't feel the typical throbbing, and you have to pull a fish sideways to get it in. So a small fish will feel big, and a big fish is very hard to bring in at all.

Probabaly the hemlock monster. Yesterday was slow for me as well. Had some releases but with nobody home. Funny how these lakes were hot when Lake Ontario was and once the big pond slowed down so did canadice and hemlock.