Started out right in front of the chute in 30 FOW. Found a few marks but the weeks worth of wind had temps at 64 degrees top to bottom and we couldn't get them to go. We started working our way out and had a blank screen and 64 degrees as deep as 150' all the way out to 380 FOW. Once we hit 380, there was 55 degree water down 150' and there were lots of marks and bait. We worked 380-425FOW for the rest of the day and had consistent action there. We ended up with a very nice mixed bag of silver & dark Kings, Steelhead, and even a Smallmouth Bass that took a spoon off a rigger down 120'. Our most productive riggers were at 150' and 165' and our wire divers kept us busy when they were set at 380' & 450' on a #2 setting. That gold Northern King NBK I've been running lately in both green & yellow fired multiple times for us, and our best paddle/fly was a green holo/crushed glow Spin Dr. pulling a Siggs Rigs Green Crinkle fly.

Wish we could've gotten back out there this morning. After a week's worth of wind I'd guess that the fishing is gonna be pretty hot today & tomorrow out where we were yesterday.

Here's those two Northern King gold series NBK's that have been so hot for us the past month or so:

DSC05235.jpg

DSC05247.jpg

DSC05238.jpg

DSC05231.jpg

When we got done fishing we pulled all the gear off the boat and took it over to be stored for the winter. What a great season....I can't believe it's done for us.

;(;(

Bill,

Heading up today for a try....sure hope they don't stay that far out!

thanks for all the info and great reports this season....sure helps us "weekend" warriors to have a heads up on conditions!!

see you next season.....give me a call if you and your dad would like to do some bird hunting!!

PY88,

Glad I could help. That 400' area sure was loaded with fish!

Rich D,

I'll definitely be looking for reports to help me through the next few weeks, so keep 'em coming!

LG,

I'll definitely keep that in mind. Might be a fun way to help with the fishing jones! Let us know how you did today. My guess is that with the calm weather we've has, the fish will be in a bit closer than we found them on Sunday.

Thanks Erby and Maniac. Yeah, the new rig fished like a dream all season long...it felt like home right from the start. We'll put a few new toys on it over the winter and she'll fish even better next year! Seems like we just got started and now it's over. ;(;(;( We'll have to start making plans for the Pro-Am's again next year Maniac!

Hey Bill,

you were right...they were in closer...in fact all in the bay! We could find very few marks out to 180 fow...

We threw everything in my limited arsenal at them to no avail....caught one very small one that couldn't trip the release....

I should pay closer attention to you captains....tried all depths...was a bit frustrating...but as they say "a bad day's fishing beats a good day at work."

give me a call when you and your dad would like to try some wing shooting!!