Does any one wear these?

I was reading the june 2012 issue of great lakes angler when i came across the section "basics and beyond" on page 16. They have an article about UV protective clothing. I was throwing around the idea of the sun maskby buff that they feature. I guess it will take some getting used to but I am always getting burnt to a crisp with or without sunblock when im out on the lake. Ill probobaly get one to try even if I look like complete idiot wearing it but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried these out yet.

Thats the 1st thing i thought when i saw it spoonfed then i figured id look on here. Plus it has got to be hot. I am on the fence about one but still someone sees you wearing that and may never live it down.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

My fishing gear consists of nuttin, nadda, Im talkin birthday suit...wanna see?

If it was your first birthday suit it would be ok, but now we are talking your 60th birthday and that is way less bearable.

My fishing gear consists of nuttin, nadda, Im talkin birthday suit...wanna see?

That possum on your back surely must count for something.lmao

Was that good enough to get ya to the Shootout?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I was reading the june 2012 issue of great lakes angler when i came across the section "basics and beyond" on page 16. They have an article about UV protective clothing. I was throwing around the idea of the sun maskby buff that they feature. I guess it will take some getting used to but I am always getting burnt to a crisp with or without sunblock when im out on the lake. Ill probobaly get one to try even if I look like complete idiot wearing it but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried these out yet.

I think UV clothing is a bit of a scam. More dollars out of my pocket for the same thing a sheet of paper can do?

http://www.clavius.org/envradintro.html

HOW TO SHIELD AGAINST RADIATION

This is where the difference between radiation types becomes important. Wave radiation requires thick, heavy shielding. It requires considerably less material to block particles.

In general, the shorter the EM wavelength, the thicker and denser the shield material must be. Ultraviolet (UV) can be blocked simply by a sufficiently opaque sheet of plastic. We are all familiar with tinted sunglasses that promise to block some 97% of solar UV rays. Not much additional protection is required in space.

I use uv protective clothing (pants and shirt) as soon as we have serious sunshine Most long pants zip at knees to convert to shorts,bit you expose the legs just above the knees Shirt can be long or short sleeved most long sleeved shirts roll up to short length All brands seem to work for me, although I think Columbia is the best higher priced too

I wear those worldwide fishing t-shirts you see a lot down in Florida and they have 20 spf built into the shirt (gotta love the vents to keep you cool.) My father-in-law wears what we call a rice patty hat, when you see him coming across the water and the front brim is pushed straight up from the wind has to be the funniest thing ever. Hat wise I just wear my ball cap. I do need to invest in a bimini for the old boat but have toughed it out without having any on other boats.