carbon express or goldtip

I've owned those arrows before, Personaly, I think they're junk. I've been bowhunting since i was 14, Am now 47, I've never seen anything like them.... Junk!!! Put your money in a top name brand arrow, There worth it. Eastman, Beaman. You can have the best bow in the world, If you don't have a good arrow it's not worth a darn thing. PSE BOWS are good, I've owned a few of them.

Hunting bows and competitive bows are 2 different animals. I shoot a Fred Bear Strike for a few reasons. It is compact so I can move it around in the tree easily. It has a 7 1/4" brace height so it is forgiving. It has dual string suppressors so it is quiet. I shoot Easton Axis arrows spined correctly for the bow. It isn't about how fast the bow shoots when hunting deer as all modern bows have more than enough speed. The Strike is rated for around 314 IBO but I'm only getting around 267 at 62 pds. I have blown through 5 deer in the last 2 yrs with this setup. If you focus more on these factors instead of having the fastest bow I think you will be much happier with your purchase

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I missed the first day of deer season because of them, About ten years ago i figured i'd be cheap and have a dozen of them made up. Did that. Shot em for weeks practicing, They were fine until the night before the season started. Shot one arrow, Flew 25 yrds. dropped to the ground, A buddy of mine owns the bow shop where i got them from, He checked my bow over said it was fine, Sight did'nt move nothing. He even shot the bow with the same arrows. Did the samething with him. He said i shot the spine out of the arrows, Never in my life have i ever seen that before, He told me,,, buy those cheap --- arrows. We have known each other since we were kids. He told me before i bought them i would'nt like them. But like a dumb --- , I had to try them. I've been shooting a bow since i was 5 years old, Owned probably 35 different bows since i was 14, Even had two bows blow up on me, Shot tons of 3D shoots and deer with beaman and easton arrows, Never did those arrows do that. Don't get me wrong but, I'd rather put my money in a cheaper slower bow than to buy a cheaper arrow. The arrow is were it's at. Take a carbon gold tip arrow, Shoot something solid with it, It'll shatter to pieces, Take a easton or beaman carban arrow, Shoot the samething, Bet it dose'nt shatter like the goldtop dose. I've been through the fad of the shortdraws, The 1200.00 dollar high speed bows and all that fancy stuff, You don't need it. Stick with a bow thats a little slower with one sight, lighter draw weight, a good arrow and you'll be more consistant. To each his own.

I think you have to get the good gold tips. Bought my first dozen almost 20 year's ago. Still have 5 left. Now to be fair I do have some newer ones that have never seen a broad head cause there garbage. But like I said they are cheap ones that the bow shop threw in for me. I also have new Easton Fmj's. And every deer season the same old goldtips find there way into my quiver. They have been shot from many bows refleched even more and yet still get the job done. The bottom line is all brands have cheap stuff in the long run you always get what you pay for. Lower grade arrows are not as straight and consistent for weights both of which make for an inconsistent shot. IMO Dave

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

First things first... every arrow company makes a low end arrow.. they do it for the marketing that everybody cant afford good arrows. Easton does it, gold tip does it and of course carbon express does it. When speaking about quality of arrows don't label a company junk because you shot one one time ten years ago and it exploded. When talking arrows be specific.

What arrow with in gold tip and carbon express line up are you looking at?

The good gold tips are plenty strong and are top notched arrow company... Just like anything else if you buy the rejects from walmart and think they are gold tip quality that come from a pro shop you are sorely mistaken. I shoot carbon express and arguable the most used arrow out there for one thing... THEY SHOOT STRAIGHT. i have hit trees with them and hack sawed the arrow out and spun it and it was completely straight and not a blemish on it.