canadice 6/8

Skunked, tried everything and could not buy a bite. Spoons all over the water column and 1 flatline with a stick was bout to switch some over to flasher fly combos but then we heard thunder. Weather was bipolar with some rain, then sun, then wind, then cloudy, then wind, then sun, etc. surface temp was 68 and wind up and down ranging from 5 to 20 mph from every direction it seemed like. Some chop to whitecaps depending on whether the wind decided to blow or not. Always nice to get out tho :beer:

I was there a couple days earlier and found the fish scattered. Caught a very decent brown at daylight on a cd-7 Rap flat line and several small mouth on trolled swim bait. Once the sun came up nothing would hit regardless of depth or bait.

Heading out early in the morning tomorrow, hopefully I have some good pics to post up

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Any luck?

Went with gf in the middle of the afternoon just to be out in the sun on this gorgeous day and didn't expect much going from 2 to 5 and just as expected, got nuttin.

But SO many people, never seen a line up of 5 cars at the launch waiting to throw their kayaks and boats in...

Got out at 5 and trolled for 3 hours with only a few hit n runs on lc with a snapweight. Washed about 12 different spoons, 6 sticks and various spinners etc. Found some good stacks of em in 80 fow and dropped a jig down watched it hit bottom on the graph and played cat and mouse and ended up landing 5 decent lakers and dumping about 3x as many. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. Also saw some of the biggest smallies I've ever seen before chasing alewives around it was insane

Switched gears and tried some jigging these past 2 days and have had an absolute blast. Landed 6 last night and dumped as many. Today my walleye fishin buddy from school drove out from erie to do some jiggin and we hooked about a 15 and landed half that many. Will get pics up soon

Switched gears and tried some jigging these past 2 days and have had an absolute blast. Landed 6 last night and dumped as many. Today my walleye fishin buddy from school drove out from erie to do some jiggin and we hooked about a 15 and landed half that many. Will get pics up soon

Can you tell what you were jigging with? I have flex it spoons and lead head jigs with 3" white grubs.