Seneca 6/6

Well, it happens to all of us sometime or another...got skunked today. Left PA at 0330 and got to launch at Watkins at 0515. Fished up the west side, all six rods out from 30-60...nothing. Stinger spoons off dipseys and downriggers. About 0800 wind was getting pretty good so crossed the lake and fished the east side until about 1130...nothing. Switched all my gear to f/f deep (108 Walkers back 280 and riggers to 100, 90, 80, 70...nothing (no big surprise there). Tried a flat fish off a 108 walker diver...nothing. The wind settled down around 1000 and the sun was shining. I added some pics below of all the fish....you guess it...nothing. Did have fun though. Seneca can be a fickle girl sometimes...but that's fishing.

It wasn't just you! I took two of the girls and my wife out on seneca tonight, lake had layed down and looked good. Fished up the west side with only two small lakers in the boat. I figured it would suck this am but not tonight, I was wrong. I bet things will take off in a week or so. The temp on top was 61 and 56 deg down 40 had a good T-cline setting up from 55 to 60 ft down. Sean

The closer to the Glen the water temp was in the 58ish range...by the time we got to Glenora it was like 61...the wind was really blowing between like 6am and 9am and the thermocline was all over the place depending on the depth of the water....so sayeth the HDS 10...I don't mind getting skunked but to get up at 0300 and get skunked well, that's another story.