Ruff Rider Live Sodus Report Jun 9-10 2012

Short strikes = need to speed up with longer set-backs off riggers to get reaction bite and better hook set. Common with flat seas. When hooks appear try bumping the gas and running some crazy Ivans. Flies with the hooks past the end of the fly.

Still getting used to the new tekota 800 copper reel, tightened it too much and snapped the fly leader ;(

The big weenie lap dancer super glow fly has been HOT this weekend! dalmation board that time.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Short strikes = need to speed up with longer set-backs off riggers to get reaction bite and better hook set. Common with flat seas. When hooks appear try bumping the gas and running some crazy Ivans. Flies with the hooks past the end of the fly.

Thanks I'll give it a try!

Well what can I say about this weekend other than epic... I've been fishing Sodus for 8 years now and have never seen early june fishing like this weekend. If I could call into work sick or dead tomorrow I would in a heartbeat! Now that we've been spoiled, lets hope it stays like this. If it reverts back to normal june fishing with fish down 150 ft over 600 fow I might cry :)

I can't wait to see what.next weekend brings. I know there are at least a few bruisers out there that I'd like one more shot at!