Is it still ok to troll in thr lake

slapshot

been trying to get some info too. was there last friday and did well out at the 27 line on watermellon.didnt try inclose 12ft water cause of the weeds .and the temp in the midwaters 100 ftish was 68 deg, on bottom.should be good this weekend as the lake had plenty of time to settel out and the temps should be a little higher. motoman should be there as i type and will give a report when he gets off the water today..the steelies are great fishing now,with 2 yr old 10lb salmon mixed in and if you fish the temps the cohos should still be in the zone for another week.i forgot to mention a few weeks ago out deep 7 miles offshore i picked a brown 50 ft down ,i might hook the boat up again friday night and head north............

If you can get out then GO! Its harder this time of year b/c the salmon are running and trying to get a good troll in front of a river can be hard on weekends. The steel and 2yr old kings are off shore and can be a blast. With less boats out there searchin it gets tough. Theres a lot of lake out there!

Me, my wife, and kids fished Sun at Point Breeze. Caught Salmon in 15' to 35' FOW. Dodger/fly setups took all our fish. Riggers down 8' to 20' with leads up to 100' and dipseys out 45' to 60' on a 4 setting. Also tried bloody nose silver bullet J's and rebel fastracs flatlined and out 5 colors of lead but didn't have a touch on those.

I will agree with yankee troller. was out deep in front of sodus on sunday. 2-3 year old silver kings were fun. Set up for the bow's. I would rather have 10+ bow's than 20+dark died kings in the shallow's. All three bow's were out of the water 3-6 feet. Set up at 8 am went 5-9 and in by noon.