Species Breakdown: laker trout, steelhead, chinook salmon

Hot Lure: see below

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.5 Subtroll

Boat Depth: 6/9 50'; 6/10 150'-210'

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

What a difference a day makes. Fished with a full crew on Saturday only to find rain and threatening weather so we stayed near shore and it was terrible. Managed only two hits - steelhead on a ruby red spoon flatlined behind 5/8 ounce keel weight, and a brown on 20' rigger. I wanted so badly to head deeper but the weather seemed ominous. By the looks of Bob's Boy's reports out of Sodus, we made the mistake of staying close.

I lost sleep on it b/c I was so bothered by not going out deeper, so I decided to go back out and fish solo this morning for a few hours and I'm glad I did. I could not keep three rods in the water - I ran 600' copper, one 80' rigger cheated, and wire out 225' and everything caught fish the moment I hit the water. I fished 150' to 210' and all depths were productive.

Lures:

NK 42 sec 80' rigger, dirty white boy free slider - both lures on fire

Gator Spinny/ Mirage Fly on the copper 600' was on fire - everytime it was out it caught something within 15-20 minutes

White/green dot SD/ Hammer Fly on wire 225' #3

It was one of those rare days where I did not - and really could not - have to switch lures. I pulled it around 10 or so b/c my arms were literally buring from the wire and copper and I did not want to risk injuring any more fish. All fish were released but one that I had to go back and re-net after he floated. I estimate I landed around 12-15 fish today. Absolutely awesome, awesome fishing out there - especially fishing by myself. Special thanks to Nick out of Sodus for his play-by-play reports yesterday that helped me today for sure. Fishing was so fast and furious that I accidentally caught my throttle kill switch lanyard on my shoelace and killed the engine at one point racing to grab a rod.......awesome fun guys/gals.

Good luck to all - get out there and enjoy this incredible fishery we have!

- Chris

====================

Do you by chance have the yellow...I think its a seaswirl and forgive me if I'm wrong...that came in around 9 and was kind enough to share pretty much the same info with a solo headed out in a white boat with blue top? If so - thanks for the info. Slowed down after you left - but I'm out here now and it is picking up!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

The weather held off Saturday but for about 15 mins it really started picking up, then settled right back down. An amazing weekend, glad to hear you got into em! Funny how catching your kill switch on a bad day of fishing can really piss you off, but with the day you had, I bet it just made you giggle like a little girl :) When fishing is as good as it was this weekend, it's hard not to just be giddy!

Nick

bfarrow,

I was coming in closer to 10, but I passed along some depth information to a gentleman in the I-Bay channel. I have a yellow Trophy hardtop, but it sounds like it was me you spoke with.

Always glad to help - I sent you a PM,

Good luck,

- Chris

Way to go Chris! :yes: Maybe the Crocs will help keep the laynard away from your sea legs.

Im dying to get out there last weekend however my daughters basketball tournaments continue to take up my weekends. I am very glad to hear you nailed em yesterday.