Hot Lure: BFuller Mag Waddler, Mag Yeck Mongolian Beef, Stingray Glow Alewife

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 80-220

Lure Depth: surface to 110

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Changed my plans this morning at 5 am from Walleye fishing Oneida Lake to go chase Kings. After checking the weather i sat home for an hour watching the thunderstorm cell go south on weather underground. Gased up the truck/boat and headed to OZ for my best day EVER of king fishing (only been fishing the lake for a year now). Started setting up in 90 and banged out a 9 lbs steelhead before all the lines were in the water on a mag BFuller Waddler. Ten minutes later a nice 15 lbs king. This set the pace for the rest of the morning. A total spoon bite on the riggers and 300 copper. Took several kings in the 14-18 lbs range and some skippers. Mostly waddler and glow alewife....couple on stingray F-in Wiggler. Nothing on the wires with spinnys/flies. Changed the flasher/flies several times and they never fired. Later in the morning, Mongolian Beef on the 500 copper started taking all the shots in 120-160. Mostly more kings in the mid teens. A few on the riggers with other spoons. After a dead period of an hour or so we slid out deeper (about 1:00). Hit 180 fow...bam...king in the mid teens on the wire pulling a reverse NBK spinny/big weenie proctologist fly. Bam...6 lbs Atlantic on glow alewife. I get everything back in the water and the other wire rod just gets pumbled!! 20 minutes later this 30.3 lbs king comes aboard!! Fish took a gator spinny/matching atommik fly (with an echip).

30lbser.jpg