PRO-AM OPEN (orleans) TomAhawK friday sat sun.

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:tomahawk sport fishing

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:friday 3 hrs sat & sun 5am too 11am

Weather/Temp:great

Wind Speed/Direction:light

Waves: 1ft or less

Surface Temp: 54 to 57

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords): 59 west line

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 40 plus

Total Boated:35

Species Breakdown:kings , steelhead , 1 laker 1 atlantic salmon

Hot Lure: everything

Trolling Speed 2.2 2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 200 220

Lure Depth: 40 to 100 divers out 140-160

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS Started off slow on friday evening for a little evening pre fishing, marked a lot of bait and fish in the 75 too 100 fow but they were just not hitting ended up hooking just two fish in the two hours we were out but we new they were there with some big hooks on the fish finder so we thought this is were will start in the morning for day one of the pro am and these fish mite turn on in the morning.

Saturday Day 1

hit the water at 5am and motored out too 50 fow and started setting up with the auto polit set on a north west heading , got everything in the water and started marking fish in that same 75 too 100 fow but not takers fished it for about two hour with out a touch and we were off the pump house by this time. so we decided too slide out to try and find some fish that were out side of the bait that mite be hungry. Set on a north north west heading now screen went blank till we hit a 190 fow and bang we got a ripper on the wire my mate ellot is on the rod and 30 seconds later the other wire firer"s yep were doubled up ! then 4 color core starts ripping tripled up, we would boat all three , one king over 20lb one 10lbs and a 9lb steelhead we marked the way point and would work this small area for the rest of the time we had left and would take about 25 hits up grading are three fish box as best we could 11 am came and we picked up and ran in too make weigh in at the oak, we get too weigh in and i here on the mic a 75 point box being weighed in by another team in the open and im like dam this is going too be close just hoping we finish in the money after pre check with 5 mins left for weigh in we put are big fish on the scale and it weighed just a hair under 25lb and was leading big fish of the day and are tottle points for are box was 85 somthing and we were the new leaders ! two teams weighed in behind us and i waited too see and we would hold on too win the saturday over all and the big fish award ! :)

Sunday Day 2

hit the water same time this time motored right out with plans too hit the same weigh point of the day before , got set up and had action right away we would boat 9 of the 10 hits we took by 830 am with nothing over 11lb and the fish seemed too just turn off like someone hit a switch we would work the area for another hour with out a touch and decided too head north and get outside of the boat traffic worked are way out too 300 fow marking a fish here and there but would only hook smaller fish then we already had and 11am came so we picked up and headed for weigh in too see how are 3 fish would do with are biggest being a 11lb atlantic ! got too weigh in and we would score a 62 or 63 point box netting us a 7th place on day 2 out of the money but we gave it a hell of a try, we even gave it the old rock the boat try after the lake went flat & we marked a fish too try and get em too go. :D over all we had a blast .

would like too say thanks too the following companys for there sponcer"s

A-tom-mic trolling flys

michigan stinger

northern king

savant spoon

shark downrigger weights

Great lakes angler

outdoor news

====================

Great job John! Didn't you win anything for your total for the weekend?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

no we didnt see anything for a total points for the weekend ! did you ? and thx guys !

Can someone interprate this for me then or am I just getting old? Don't answer that....

OPEN DIVISION:

Entry Fee – $125.00 per day. Teams can chose to fish one of both days.

Payout Structure – 25% of the total field will be paid each day. 80% of all entry money received per day will paid per day to the daily payouts. The remaining 20% each day will be paid to the final overall team standings. In addition to all available entry money being paid out the day 1, day 2 and overall top 25% of the field, Open teams will be rewarded the product donated by our Sponsors.

Sounds like to me there's a final weight payout.......they use 80% of the entry fee's to pay out each day and they pay out 25% of the field, so if there's 20 boats only the top 5 get money paid out. At the end of day 2, the remaining 20% of entry fee's each day there's a biggest box payout. But don't know how many place's, maybe the same ratio 25% of the boats that entered. :$

ya scott i here ya rule"s are alittle gray and seem too change alot , thats why i put up the pics of the winnings so ya kinda know what ur gonna get if ya win cuz i realy had no clue. we were happy with what we got for a one day win, but i must admit i woulda been super cool too take and over all and get more cash and product.

I am older than you so I can't figure it out. The Shootout rules are not that complicated are they? :D

No they are not and we also encourage cubed ice and beer in the coolers when brought up to the scale. I get a little thirsty weighing in all those fish.lol

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Nice Job. I am only hope to get on them like that eventually this year. Still a TON of things to learn about fishing the big O

looks like you got ur brown trout program dialed in !

OK, I have some info for the "overall". I Emailed a person in charge and I was givin this reply, which I agree with, but think it was very sloppy not taking it down before the tournaments started.

Scott,

The post you saw on the Pro-Am web site was an old post that was supposed to be taken down. After that post was done the Tournament Directors concluded that because teams could enter either day or both days, each day should be considered separate. The monies awarded each day reflects a 100% payback for each day. Sorry for the confusion.