Species Breakdown: coho, steelhead, kings

Hot Lure: siggs nuclear green glow, Mtn dew s/d

Trolling Speed: 2.7, 2.9 gps

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 160 450

Lure Depth: 25, 95, to 100

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

My son Chris and his fiance Erin came out for the weekend and we got to fish together. It's been a long time since they were able to come fish with me, seems work is always taking up time, but we made up for it with a great day on the lake. We did the Albion strawberry festival on Saturday and Erin ran the 5k. She had her best time so far and the rain didn't dampen her enthusiastic effort! Sunday we fished and did well in a narrow strip of water dominated by moss mats and other debris. For the first hour I choose to fish outside of the moss cause I really hate the stuff and found that the water was pretty clear and also void of fish for the most part except for the marks down 300 feet in 459 fow. Pointed the boat south and west a little, back to the moss mat minefield, and like any good combat, the fish were using the moss for cover. Weaving around as many mats as I could, we managed two doubles and some screaming kings to get out of cover. One king took Chris's 240 diver on a .5 setting out 650 more feet and just came unbuttoned :wondering: it took a bloody death fly on a white pro troll green dot. The fly was a little ragged after that so I tried a nuclear green glow ATOMIK behind that same flasher and managed a king at the end of the trip as we were picking up to head in. That turned into the second double of the day with Chris landing a nice steelhead off the 95 rigger on a 42 second spoon. Coho and steelhead were sharing the same water in the top 30 feet and there the siggs rigg fly and mountain dew s/d did all the damage set out on wire at 2.5 out 50 dipsy. Steel head were crazy jumping multiple times and crossed up my copper on the outriggers. Having two on at once were just nuts. Took the copper in as it was not producing in those zones of 40 to 60 feet. Sent out the chute a 120 foot copper and got several hits on the doctor spoon in chicken wing it was pulling.

Had to continually clear moss and plastic bags along with happy birthday mylar balloons off the rigging. Other than that the fishing was great and fun to be out with my son again and his bride to be.

Mark

IMAG1107.jpg

hosting images

IMAG1108.jpg

upload images

imagejpeg_2_86.jpg

free picture hosting

imagejpeg_2_85.jpg

gif hosting

imagejpeg_2_82.jpg

image hosting

IMAG1109.jpg

upload images

Skipper's catches of the day.

====================

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Erin, Chris and Mark,

Awesome glad you got into some fish! Amazing how fast the lake turned around despite all the dismal reports or should I say lack of reports period :lol: Glad you guys got to spend some time together.

Tom