Total Boated:6

Species Breakdown: 4 Kings, 1 Steelhead, 1 Lake Trout

Hot Lure: Yellow NBK Spin Doc with Green Glow Atomik Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.8 to 3.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 190 to 200

Lure Depth: 80 to 90

====================

Well Guys I awoke to the wife kissing me and telling me Happy Anniversary (18 Years) and I told her oh I forgot about that so the day started bad while I was still in bed :o ...... Loaded the boat and went to launch at Hughes Solo... Everybody is too busy working or injured to fish so I hit the lake by myself... Motored out to 100fow and started there.. Did not mark much till I got to 150 when the Port Dipsey fired trolling a Green NBK Spin Doc with Hammer fly out 260.. ended up with a 8 pound Lake Trout... Worked that area for awhile to no avail.... worked out deeper lost a nice fish on the Starboard Dipsey with a white Spin Doc with white glow fly out 220... Got rerigged and was in 190 fow my Starboard Dipsey out 250 with Yellow NBK and hammer fly started Smoking..... Landed a nice 20 pound King.... First for the year.. Got rerigged and Port Rigger Fires with a doctored up Kevorkian Mag spoon I had and then another dipsey fires now Im working a Double Solo... First fish in was a Beautiful Steelhead around 10 pounds.... Released him to catch another day and then the other was a Skipper king around 3 pounds he got released also...That was all around 200fow.. Got rerigged and the Port Rigger gets hammered as Im talking on the phone to my Neighbor and she says whats that noise.... I said its my Drag on the reel and it is Screaming...... After a nice 20 minute battle I boat an Awesome 25 pound King.... I get rerigged and the Starboard Dipsey Fires out 240 with the Yellow NBK Spin Doc again and I boat another 20 pound king and I decide at that point Im done for the day its about 1130am and was gonna go into 150fow and jig for some lakers but the wind started picking up pretty good from the South and getting bumpy so I called it.... How Lucky are we to have such a Great Fishery in our Backyards.......P.S.. Hank that motor purrs like a kitten... I also had it up to 22mph on the way in and had her as low as a 1.5mph... awesome job........ Woody

====================

Good job Dale! :yes: You were killing me all morning with the updates, pay back for yesterday? :clap: I should have called in sick and got back on them today! BTW Dale, Laurie and I have our anniversary next Monday and I am off...maybe its good karma to fish on that day :lol: Happy anniversary!

Hey Woody, congrats on the 18 years!! 8) Great to see you made it out and got into some majors!! We couldn't keep the majors buttoned on Sat. :$ With all the majors around now, I can't wait to see what it'll be like in August after they gain another 10-15 lbs!! :clap:

Guys Thanks for the Anniversary wishes..... Well Karma made its way back around tonight.. We had a thing for my daughter at school and after that we went for an Anniversary dinner with the kids.. While we were seated I got chatting with a guy in the booth accross from me and the Waitress brought us our drinks...... Well lets just say I WORE my drink the rest of the evening... It was ICE COLD also... I had Ice in places I never thought I would ever have.. :o .... But the Silver lining was drinks and dessert were on the Restaurant tonight.. :yes: ..... Kevin I think you should go for it... I think Laurie will be OK with your choice........ I also had a weird deal happen fishing today.... I decided to pull rods and I tripped the port side Dipsey and reeled it in and found the Fly was completely gone...... Everything else was there.... And the dipsey was not tripped... Ive never seen that happen..... Woody.

Dale,

Nice fishing going on right now again! Glad you got on em! Boat is still running like a top. We need to get together this summer, I like going out of Hughs, not alot of traffic and a decent launch. Were fishing at the Oak all next week and I am pumped, especially after hearing all these great reports and a few great reports from the guys at the proam!

Paul

Paul glad your enjoying the boat.... I really miss that boat... I have some good memories in that boat...... Definately pm me and we will get together this Summer for a few hours.....Paul have you launched out of Hughes this year... Dale

Dale,

We launched out of there about a month ago. Funny story, we went to Sodus and when we went to pull into the state launch they were having a Rock Bass tourney in the bay and 30 $30,000 rigs lined up,up to the road to launch. I couldnt believe all these nice rigs for rock bass but to each their own. We packed up and went to Hughs. Should've went to Hughs in the first place. They raised their price but worth the non-hassle. I would love to dock up there for the year but early usually I like fishing outta Olcott or the Oak,

Paul, I did not know if you knew they raised the price to launch or not... Its still worth it to launch there.... Its a $100 for the Season at Bear Creek for non resident launchers..... But I believe you can only launch during the week not weekends.... Thats a sweet launch compared to Hughes....

Jason im glad to hear they are in the same depth range tonight... Sounds like you had a workout tonight with those crazy fish.... PM me if you need someone to fish with.. I live 10 minutes from Bear Creek..... Woody

Dale,

BTW I changed the name of the boat a few years ago. I started to get dirty looks rolling through Geneva with Mud chicken on the back of the boat from the State sponsored program recipients. It seemed they were only out to give me dirty looks in the late afternoon, never in the early morning...weird!

LOL.... I used to drive through that area quite a bit on Route 14 and I would get nervous just stopping at a red light. Can't imagine with that boat on the back of the truck......

Excellent report. The best part is you did so well solo.I"ll remeber that when I get out there soon.

Im glad to here the kings are still around hughes and pultneyville.

In years past there were always at least six boats in that area. Caught many many big fsh.

I just finished putting together my depth raider.

Its on a penn 620 so I can use it on either boat.Now its the decesion between the searay or the sea nymph.

Anyone interested in teaming up ,let me know.