Surface Temp: 62

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 2

Total Boated: 1

Species Breakdown: Kings

Hot Lure: Kelly green reflective Spin Doctor with Blue Dolphin Fly & 42 Second Spin Doctor with 42 Second Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.6

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 100-170

Lure Depth: 80Ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I decided to take a solo trip out after the morning storms thinking the predicted afternoon thunderstorms were too far south. Left the dock - gassed up - out I went to have lines in the water around 1:30. Looking south I could see the rain coming and I was hoping it would stay far enough south as not to be an issue. I started in 100 fow and headed NW from IBay, thinking that may help me stay "above" the weather. LUCKILY I did! As the storm moved in from the south I watched first the power station, then Rochester, then Irondequoit disappear in a fog of rain. I ran JUST north of the rain drops, with only a tiny amont falling on me as I continued on the NW troll from the IBay towards the Genny and the storm moved along the shore, and out on the lake, heading east. I ran pretty much 135-142 fow the entire way from IBay to the Genny, but I wasn't thinking as much about the fishing as I was the storm (I was wondering if I had made such a great decision as I stood in the sunshine only an hour earlier).

Once the storm clearly moved past I was kicking myself for not having been a bit deeper as all my recent hits came out past 150. Turning the boat north I quickly hit 150 and as I inched out to 155 BAM - My left side dipsey pulling the green reflective spin doctor with the blue dolphin fly out 210 on a 3 setting fired! I got back to the rod, pulled it from the holder and suddenly the center pole (42 sec spin doctor with 42 sec fly down 80 ft using Mag dipsey on 2 setting) starts to bang around as well. Concerned after having a recent salmon decide to tangle some lines, I thought it was a horror show but realized the lines were way too far apart for 1 fish to be in two lines again - it was my first double on my boat...and I was alone!

The first fish, in my hands now (via the pole), took off and pulled the line from 210 to 310 pretty rapidly. I fought him for quite awhile as it was REALLY tugging and I kept monitoring the drag on the other pole that kept banging around in the holder. I fought the main fish, giving and taking line, until he was about 30 ft in back of the boat. I could see it was a good fish, but I was tiring (not afraid to admit it either, he was STRONG!) and realizing I still had another fish to get in. I probably added a bit too much drag and tried to horse it in the rest of the way and a big series of head shakes later, he was gone.

I wasn't as upset as normal since I still had the other fish, which in all the wait had gone from 175 ft to about 250. After dragging him back to the boat I could see he was a decent 10 pound fish and I had to use my WAY too short net to get him in the boat. After 5 attempts, success was finally achieved and I dropped him in the boat thrashing all the while. I was concerned about how much time he was dragged along so I got him unhooked and in the water to see if he could be revived (w/o taking a photo...wish I had). After a few seconds he broke free, spun over and around once and slowly swam away.

I tried to reset the lines and go again, but as I was doing so the waves from the passing storm really pushed me around and I ended up with my lines all tangled. After some time swearing and untangling and fighting the boat and the waves - I looked north saw another storm heading my way and decided to call it. I had had enough excitement for an afternoon and did not want to further risk getting wet. Besides, I'm now typing this having a frozen cocktail and eating shrimp! Stay-cations are GREAT when you live on Lake O!

Good Luck out there!

That was a excellent report.Us solo fishermen realy have some good stories to tell. I fished solo alot last summer and sort of got used to it.I caught my share of kings alone and didn't lose many.Many good memories.

I do wish though that the LOC derby would reconsider allowing solo fisherman to enter their catch.

i agree to all above.....i fish alone a lot,and for some reason i catch more fish.....doubles triples,and if i loose a few...oh well there there for another day....i agree sometimes you have to be fish smart and keep an eye on the weather,other than that "its you and the fish"...kinda like archery hunting.....and it doesn't get any better than that....yes i'm in favor of telling and signing a petition for the loc after all....you we paid the "big bucks" for there tickets....and if you have a winner....your that much of a better fisherman !!!!!!