Fish finder for under $400

I have a Lowrance X67C fish finder. I can't seem to mark any fish, or down riggers when trolling. It came with the boat when my dad gave it to me. My dad said he just to mark fish all the time when he first got it. I was thinking of getting a new fish finder instead of replacing the transducer. I am just a weekend warrior and like to take the kids fishing for bass and pan fish when not trolling. Just wondered what you recommend for under $400. Do you think one with GPS is worth it?

Thanks ahead of time!

Rick

GPS is definitely worth every penny. I wouldn't buy a fishfinder without GPS. If you don't care about color look at the Humminbird 581i. Its under $400 and its got pretty good power at 250 watts (RMS) and great resolution. You'll have to buy a chip if you want the full potential of the GPS (with lake contours) but for now you can get by.

If you want color your going to have to increase your budget a bit. For a bit more you can get the 587ci.

As you can tell I am a little bias to humminbird but after selling my boat with a 788ci and buying a new boat with a Garmin 540s, I want my humminbird back. So much more easy to use and much better screen resolution. I will be trading my 540s soon.

YES!!!

Like I said I loved my 788ci. Its got even better resolution 640x640, 5" color screen and 500watts (RMS). I am asumming at that price it must be last years model without Down Imaging and they claim the new as HD. But at that price I will definitely be ordering one.