Left or Right hand retrieve?

May be a silly question but why are most conventional reels only available in right hand retrieval? I grew up spin fishing and fly fishing with my right hand on the rod and my left hand on the reel. I was looking to outfit my boat this weekend but not sure if I should go left or right or maybe some of both?....

Nothing wrong with setting up rigger poles with spinning reels. You will have a hard time finding left hand reels with line counters or ones that hold enough line for long copper.

Yeah, I see that they are rare. Okuma Convectors actually come in a left hand retrieval with a counter. I'm sure I can get used to the right hand with time though..

For myself, I really like a spinning reel in the rigger the penn reels in 550, 650 hold enough line to fight any lake ontario fish off the rigger. The problem with spinning reels is when inexperienced anglers constantly reel when no line is gained, this results in line twist.

just give it some time and you wont even notice i'm just getting back into trolling after spending the last 10years or so doing only spin cast and I picked up the rod and it felt completley natural to reel with the other hand (grew up trolling lake O with dad). just reel in a couple full cores or coppers and your muscles will get used to it quick