RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 6/15-6/16 2012

Good talking with you guys today. Here is the sum total of what we kept. We had a blast today. Thanks for the help with photo uploads. The other guy in the pic is Barry aka Yukonstu1.

2012-06-16_11-26-36_51.jpg

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Nice work guys! Our brown ended up a few ounces short of 10lbs, so we couldnt weigh it in, bummer!

The fishing continues to be amazing out of Sodus and hopefully some of those 30lb+ brutes will show up soon!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

We went after em again this morning (Sunday) and it was much slower. We finally found the fish in about 90 feet of water and went 3 for 6. Did manage 2 Kings about 17 - 18 lbs and lost another screamer after he ripped about 200 feet off our diver and just came unglued. The other fish we landed was a 10 lb Laker. My girlfriend fought and landed her first King Salmon ever today. It was her first mainly because I have a hard time talking her into getting up at 4 am and going fishing. When we were done, she says "are we fishing next Saturday or next Sunday?" and "We should get up even earlier next weekend" (We got up at 3:45 this morning) :yes::yes::yes:

I think the big King hooked her :lol:

we managed 5 kings , 2 in the 20's, 24 the biggest and one brown the size of the spoon :) Lost a major screamer shortly before picking up @ 9:30. 100 fow was best for us, 30 to 60 down.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

Man, I love your live reports!! I can't figure out how you do it, while the bedlam of the salmon bite is going on all around you. I think I would drop my phone in the water!!LOL Keep up the good fishing and the great reporting!! :yes::yes::yes:

Man, I love your live reports!! I can't figure out how you do it, while the bedlam of the salmon bite is going on all around you. I think I would drop my phone in the water!!LOL Keep up the good fishing and the great reporting!! :yes::yes::yes:

It isn't easy and if it weren't for people contacting me to let me know how much they like it, I would have stopped a while ago. Lately, Theresa has been spending a lot of time below deck either working or reading... that's when the fire drills start... fight the fish, post, net the fish, take a pic, post. Sometimes my posts may not have a lot of info just due to not having time to post it immediately, but ask questions and as soon as the action lulls I try to get back to people. It also helps that the lake has been very calm most of the year... reading posts and trying to type on my tiny smartphone can get sickening in large waves :puke:

Nick

A few pics from Saturday...

This brown was close to being LOC eligible:

DSC01456.jpg

A couple of our nicer kings:

DSC01459.jpg

The meat rack aka my Father's Father's Day gift :)

DSC01461.jpg

Anyone seen one of these before? Golden shiner I believe. Daredevil caught it at the marina. The picture does it no justice, it was amazingly gold.

DSC01462.jpg