came out of the river as the sun was coming up with j-plugs 3 & 5 down 40 back, as we came around the pier heads we hooked a nice one in 18 fow, while i was battling the fish i looked back up the river and about ten boats were coming out and the combat fishing started was fun for a while then we head for russel station too see if we could pick up a brown or two but that didnt happen and we went back up the river, got past shumway hooked a screemer and it turned at the boat tommy was reeling as fast as he could & just as he was about too catch up with it ,the fish jumped 5 feet from the boat and said bye bye was super cool even now we lost him ! j-plugs where crome with bloody nose and a green one with orange bottem and black ladder back with the rattle, john

Motoman - this time of year I run j plugs all the time. Just j plugs if I'm fishing by myself I fish 2, if I'm fishing with someone I fish 4. J plugs I like best are the old jointed ones. I don't have many left though. Also, perch colored silver hords with a black ladder back work well. I catch a lot of fish on j plugs. I start running them around the end of July. From July on I always have at least one j plug in the water. Good work! I don't know if I'll be combat fishing this year since my trailor got hit in the parking lot AGAIN at the Genny. Getting kind of expensive!! Good Luck.

Bear

BEAR, i ended up running 6 j-plug"s 3 on each rigger 10 -7 -2 down on one side and 9-3-1 down on the other side back 30 or 40 , makes for a nice school of j,s swimming behind the boat for them salmon too suck up , i also was thinking we would have done better if i fished in the river but i was thinking the fish moved out as the sun came up but they moved in and up the river instead anyways bear throw me your # i am alway looking for someone too fish with and my boat is outfiited pretty good. john

i bay is still open and going but be carefull on the way out of the channel ,shallow spots and the river launch is at the end of lake ave on the right you should see sighs for it ,well about an 8th mile before the end , good luck

John, it's really great that you would invite me to go fishing with you now. I had treatments at Strong Hosp. yesterday so I won't go out fishing for a while now. And, my son in the Marines is home from Iraq and in NC. If possible we'll go there to see him, his wife and my grandson. Our other son should be home from Iraq in 1 or 2 weeks so I think my fishing is pretty well shot for this month. But, I would like to go out fishing with you. I've been fishing the lake for 40 years and I'm sure we could teach each other a few things. Good luck with the combat fishing. I know it'll be crowded this weekend. If they stop hitting try going out to deeper water for the steelhead and 2-3 yr old Kings. They're a blast. When I'm trolling in the river I troll 5 ft down with a 40 ft lead, 10 ft down with a 30 ft lead, 15 ft down with a 20 ft lead (sometimes 15). I've cought them with 10 ft leads 10-15 ft down in between the piers in the river. Good luck and I'll try to catch up with you another time.

Bear

Latched this one this morning at about 9:30 just about 1/4 mile east of the river in about 30 FOW rigged about 8 ft. deep running a GG ladderback 90-100ft behind the ball. Not bad for my second time out on my Sea Ray!! Took about 20 minutes to wear it down after she pulled out 150 ft. on me.

I'm a newb, but pretty sure this is a female King?? Felt to be about 20# and around 3ft. long. Any confirmation from anyone?

King-1.JPG

yep thats a female nice catch, east of the river cool i never seem too do well inbetween the river and the bay but as soon as i get east of Ibay things always pick up anyone ever have this same problem or poor luck, john

BEAR , sounds good & good too here your boys are coming home safe ,also take care of your self hope you treatment goes well so we can get out there and play with some fish ill drop you a line in oct, too see how your doing ! John