The Finders Keepers True Ontario Story

It has been brought to our attention that there are some rumors circulating that we are falsely portraying our connections with our sponsors and supporting companies as a way of self-promotion. Those of you that know us and those who have attended our seminars and various other events can attest to the fact that we are providing valuable information for other anglers and promoting our amazing fishery. To help set the story straight on our team, or if you might be curious to see how we have gotten to where we are today, I encourage you to read our story here:

http://www.fksportfishing.com/FK-Biography.html

It's a bit lengthy, but covers a good portion of what has transpired over the past year. Let it be known: we have a significant connection with every company of every logo we display. 8)

The Finders Keepers Fishing Team has taught me a lot on how to be successful on the water. I will continue to learn from them and appreciate all that they have done for me and will do in the future! Thanks for all your help!! 8):yes:

-Apple Boy

Thanks guys, we appreciate the positive comments! :yes: As for the logo, way back when I first started calling myself "Finders Keepers" on this site, I used that image simply because it was cool looking and the name "Finders Keepers" was only tied to me. Last year I changed it per our Pro Team status, and now (it's funny you asked about it) we're actually underway to having a new one created that's more fitting. :clap: It'll probably be similar, but with an obvious salmon/trout connection this time. 8)

I don't know you Tim, nor am I aware of the "rumor" about your shirt sponsors but the way I see it is it really depends on who is saying it as to whether it has validity or if it's just someone being childish.

Is that wrong? Is there a hidden rule that says any logo a team displays should be from a company that has sponsored that team?

It's not really for me to say and I don't know who you have on your shirt, but when we had our shirts made for the two teams that I fish on I made damn sure every company approved it first and I also made sure every company was aware of the other sponsors that were on our shirt. There's a lot of inner politics going on most of us are unaware of and plenty of companies would not want to be represented on the same shirt as another.

Secondly, most companies are very protective of there name, image and reputation. I personally would not want a name on my shirt if I was not directly affiliated and/or on the Pro staff of that company. It just seams like an easy way to piss people off and make enemies.

I personally think the whole clique think that goes on with some of the Pro Staffs is kinda nauseating, and that is what makes me so happy I hooked up with the sponsors I did. I think some of you guys take this stuff a little too seriously. We keep it light and have fun. We have our shirts for one reason only, it's our way to represent the companies that we are directly associated with, and I would never even consider promoting a company that didn't do something special for me far beyond and above what they do for every other fishermen that may use their product.....but that's just me I guess.

We knew at Oswego, being home to Atommik, that we would have a lot of eyes on us, not only as the new “pro†team, but also as a FB team in Atommik country.

Seriously dude? You may be giving yourself a tad bit too much credit... :lol: Hey...try being a Big Weenie team in A-Tom-Mic country :D

My opinion about being a tournament team....have fun, be respectful and friendly, fish honestly, play by the rules, and beyond that stop giving a crap about what anyone else thinks. Like one of my sponsors always tells me...if they don't like it, they can go f@#k themselves... :rofl:

Secondly, most companies are very protective of there name, image and reputation. I personally would not want a name on my shirt if I was not directly affiliated and/or on the Pro staff of that company. It just seams like an easy way to piss people off and make enemies.

Sorry Rod but I'm not giving my Lucky Enuff shirt back lol :)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Sorry Rod but I'm not giving my Lucky Enuff shirt back lol

:rofl::rofl: You have the good shirt too...that was our first one and I love that shirt!! That was a fun shirt and I'm gonna have more made one of these days.

BTW...got your text...I just got back from the tightlines shootout in Ca. so let me look into it.

I thought you guys looked sharp walking by the dock last week at the Oak. I couldn't read your shirts from where the back of my boat, but you all seemed very cordial and professional. I really would not worry about ANYTHING someone in competition with you says. In my limited exerience, the more they talk the bigger your influence is, jsut ignore them and chuckle. Like the old saying goes: "Water off the FroggToggs back!!" (NO NO not a sponsor of me, I prefer Hefty!! :) ) Eventually, if you pay no attention it all goes away or at least will seem like has.

Tim, we have never really met, and I too do not know who you have helped or possibly wronged along the way. I will say this however, I appreciate how your team conducts itself at events and your professional manner. I am all for whatever and whoever elevates the tourny scene for Salmon and Lake Ontario. You must be doing something right to have naysayers.

Can you reel in kings quicker if you have a fishing jersey on?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Nah, but they are very comfortable!! 8)

Hey Matt - I'd really like to fish the Sandy Creek Shootout, but I believe it's the same day as the LSRC, and we're in for the Triple Crown. 8)