Hot Lure: darker colors

Trolling Speed: 2.9 SOG

Down Speed: 2.5

Boat Depth: 175 -250

Lure Depth: 30 - 75

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

We felt like we had them dialed in after outings Monday & Thursday. Mayhem early in the morning as steelhead were taking shallow run spoons and hitting the air, most of the time spitting our lures back at us. Later in the morning the bite moved a bit deeper and the Kings got involved.

image.jpg

Brown down 65 over 220. Dark SS spoon, Midnight Special(?) I think its called

Steelh.jpg

Steelhead down 65 over 190. Dark green spin and custom dark fly.

King_6_11_12.jpg

King from dipsy out 175 - Pic from Thurs.

Good video of King hitting the fly, and us landing it.

Great to get out with dad for an early fathers day trip.

Thanks! It would be cool to watch those fish chasing and not hitting the fly, drop the boat in neutral and see what happens. Fun to watch as it is though - thanks for sharing.

Shawn

A agree, very cool video! How far down can you go with a decent image as the light decreases? We're going to try to do the same with our GoPro's... 8)

65 is the deepest we've tried, depends on the water clarity and light, but maybe deeper. Blowback is a problem too.

Yeah, we thought blowback may become a factor - is it significantly more with the video apparatus? What size weights are you using? I'm sure it'll be slightly different on every boat, but it would be good to know what to expect before we start playing. I appreciate the info! 8)

Yeah, we thought blowback may become a factor - is it significantly more with the video apparatus? What size weights are you using? I'm sure it'll be slightly different on every boat, but it would be good to know what to expect before we start playing. I appreciate the info! 8)

Blowback appears to be slightly more than with the probe rigger. We are currently using 10 Lb. Herbies, would like to go heavier, but not until upgrading or rebuilding the old Big Jons. Its a tough grind at times getting these up and out of the water.

Any time someone is trying to grasp why they have a day of "hit and runs" where your dipsy goes off for a few rips then nothing.....should refer to this video. How many times did those Kings nip at the fly????? Great educational video. Let me ask....were you watching the feed live?........and did you try slowing your troll down to see if that help with hook ups? Keep showin' those feeds!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

Any time someone is trying to grasp why they have a day of "hit and runs" where your dipsy goes off for a few rips then nothing.....should refer to this video. How many times did those Kings nip at the fly????? Great educational video. Let me ask....were you watching the feed live?........and did you try slowing your troll down to see if that help with hook ups? Keep showin' those feeds!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

At this time we are unable to watch live, but are looking into it.

We are hoping that everyone can learn along with us from these videos, and encourage members to comment on what they think the fish are doing and why.

After two days of no hits on the Spin/Fly behind the camera, we tried a faster troll (2.5 down speed) and that produced 3 hits (unfortunately two came after the battery died). The fish seem less interested when the speed is lower, but we will try more speed changes while on camera to see what the results are.

At this time we are unable to watch live, but are looking into it.

We are hoping that everyone can learn along with us from these videos, and encourage members to comment on what they think the fish are doing and why.

After two days of no hits on the Spin/Fly behind the camera, we tried a faster troll (2.5 down speed) and that produced 3 hits (unfortunately two came after the battery died). The fish seem less interested when the speed is lower, but we will try more speed changes while on camera to see what the results are.

If this is a gopro, the gopro App should be out sometime this summer which will let us watch live through our smartphone/tablets as well as stream "live". I have a gopro and wifi pac all ready to go so we can learn together :) I haven't gotten brave enough yet though to put mine down on my rigger ;)

It looks like the fish "miss" a lot with the spin doctor, I'd be interested to see if they "miss" as much with a flasher that spins much slower? Or maybe a longer leader on the fly to slow the spin down?

Nick

We've been thinking the same thing Nick! How much was the back-pac unit? We asked our rep at GoPro how far down the unit can go in the water and still transmit, and he wasn't sure. They said they were going to test it, but we haven't heard back yet. It will be very cool when this is all hooked up though!! 8)

We've been thinking the same thing Nick! How much was the back-pac unit? We asked our rep at GoPro how far down the unit can go in the water and still transmit, and he wasn't sure. They said they were going to test it, but we haven't heard back yet. It will be very cool when this is all hooked up though!! 8)

We are running the GoPro, and we have heard it will only transmit 20 Ft. in water.

We got the wifi pac for $79 on amazon, it's pretty useless without the smartphone app though. Im pretty sure it wont transmit at all while underwater though. However, if you build the right housing I dont see why you couldnt use a coated probe cable to transmit up.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

yeah I dont see how the unit can stream vid with no internet connection under water

It transmits wirelessly and there are always ways with money, patience, and know how (in that order lol)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Yeah, that's what we figured. We've planted the seed with them and let them know what we all want to be able to do with the units. It'll happen before too long! 8)

i cant wait to be out fishing and have my friends watch the under water stream online

going to be great