Black Creek- 9/19/07

Fished the lower section of the river past the falls working our way up from the highway bridge, wading in the creek. The hot lure of the day was a magnum musky killer in Hot Orange. Caught 3 pike, 2 around 20 inches, the other one being 32 inches, not bad for only about 2 feet of water eh?

Here's a picture of the 32 incher... very disappointed that he didn't make it. When he grabbed the lure, he sucked it right down and got it all fouled up in the gills. Spent 20 minutes trying to get him on his "fins" but to no avail...

0919071756.jpg

As soon as the spinner hit the water he grabbed it, rocketed skyward, dove and ran, and did a few more leaps for me. Was quite the site and in a secluded creek area makes me glad to be a fisherman. Cheers gentleman, fall has only begun and the Esocid fishing will only pick up from here.

Yeah, quite disheartening for a pike fisherman, the reason why my expression isn't too jovial, that picture was taking after he kicked the bucket. I put him far up on the embankment for the coons or coyotes to have at, better to put the nutrients back into the ecosystem than simply let him rot in the creek. I'm going to be making a trip to conesus sometime in mid or late october to do some pike and tiger muskie fishing, I'll let you know how it goes. Till then it'll be weekly trips to the black.

Oh I'm well aware, I just had nothing to keep it in and wasn't in the mood to do it. I still had another 100 yards of creek to wade through before we were done so I threw it up on the embankment. I'm going again today to the same area and I'm gunna try and catch a few more, hopefully with a higher survival rate.