Hot Lure: MOONSHINE Geezer, MOONSHINE Purple Nurple

Trolling Speed: 3

Down Speed: 2.6

Boat Depth: 23 - 180

Lure Depth: 15 - 150

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started the morning at 60' right in front of the shoot. Had a steelhead take a purple geezer at 50' on the setup, and another on the MOONSHINE Tangering Tiger down 35'. Noticed that the down temp was cold so I began a south troll to find the sweetspot where 55 degrees hit the bottom. I figured that I could take advantage of the overcast sky and put some brownies in the box. We got all the way into 23 fow and still had cold 50-52 degree water on the bottom, but the <40fow troll netted us 4 browns and another steelhead. Plain Geezers on the riggers and Ratchet Jaw on the dipsy #3 out 40'. The sun came out and we moved out and began to work a NE/SE troll. Got a tip from JAX that the marks on the bottom in 150 were kings so I put a rigger down to 150 and got a Hog Laker, MOONSHINE Purple Nurple. Moved into the 100' area and the deep copper (+/- 500') with a RV Purple Nurple just started screaming off the backing we made a sharp turn to port to save some line an the port dipsy out 100' also with a purple nurple got slammed by another steelhead, we got them both. It was our only mature king for the day.

The evening trip we did not have much time so we stuck it out in 60 fow off the ladders and our junk lines did most of the work. 1 steelhead of the 65' dipsy/Purple Nurple, 1 Brown, 45' dipsy MOONSHINE Green jeans, another steelhead 6 color Tangerine Tiger, 60' rigger took a laker with a Green Jeans.

Currents were whipping today, had the inside water all to myself and a couple of bass fishermen just inside of me.

brain was a little foggy.

Shawn

As evidenced by calling people "Ray" instead of their real name :lol:

Carl nice report glad to hear you got into them. I actually had the purple nurple in my hand at one point but Shawn only likes to run sissy a$$ Baby Blue colors on his boat now :o;) thought I would be mocked if I ran something with the name "Purple Nurple" or he would just throw it over board when I wasn't looking on the FISH FX boat :D

Jeremy when you gonna post the pic of your boat on the water that "Mr. Kodak Moment" Shawn was taking and getting in my way while I was trying to re-set 3 lines on my side of the boat and the "Moon was rising" :mooning: