Flea Flicker Line

I have a question regarding the flea flicker line. I see they make it in 20 and 30 lb. My rod/reel combo says it takes up to 20 lb. test. I'm gonna buy some. What experience with this does anyone have? Is one better at doing the job over the other? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick response. I did some research after asking the question and found guys that like the 20 lb. compared to the 30. Seems like guys love the stuff or hate it. It's time to try it after hand lining a small laker in this morning. I'm lucky it wasn't a lunker or else my hands would be in bad shape.

Flea flicker is oblong in shape, not round like regular mono, so you get less on the reel. It keeps the fleas away but in my opinion does not hold a knot very well. I use 30# Ande and it works just as well as the FF line, pretty much any 30# mono will give you similar results with the fleas.

if ya can make a good line knot (thats what i call it) tie on a 20 to30ft mono leader so yer flea flicker has the vertical (worst flea collector) covered and then you have a stealther and better knot line to yer lure...also i have had ff twist when using spinnies good swivel or not ...I know I know several will post they ant never had the twist problem with good swivels,but Ive had many diehards ,myself included say they have lost spinnies at 15 to 20 bucks a pop ill tie my leader ..not to mention losing the fish too..

Oh and to save a few bucks and time ,I also only tie on about 120 ft of fleaflicker to existing line then the leader .... but you need to test each knot real good before using... i know i know more termanations to fail (knots) but i have never had a knot (line knot)fail.....

This may be a rookie question. Are there any downsides to using a 30 lb. test line on my rod/reel combo that's rated up to 20 lb. test? I would consider using a less expensive, easier to find 30 lb. test over the FF if there's no drawbacks. Thanks.

No drawbacks. Last year the fleas were so bad my 30 lb was worthless so I spliced in 150 ft of 50 lb and that worked. Expect the fleas to be terrible on Cayuga this season. Use a double surgeon knot to splice in the leader.

RR

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

had the same twisting problem with 20# flea flicker. lost a couple flasher fly rigs that had good BB swivels. switched to 30# big game and now have several hundred yards of FF sitting on the shelf...

Good info guys, thanks for bringing it up troutman10. I was going to put away my trolling stuff, I've used FF before and didn't like it but I'll try the heavier mono instead. I'll be aiming high for silvers so it should work out.