Surface Temp: 55

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 15

Total Boated:11

Species Breakdown:4 Steelheads, 3 Coho,4 Kings

Hot Lure: Atomik flies and spin doctors(all green, black and white/silver combos)

Trolling Speed: 2.2-3.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started out Saturday morning and setup in around 50 fow with planer boards, and a dipsy diver. I had bought 4 spin doctors on friday night, and decided to try them, since all of the locals seem to swear by them. I soon found out why!!LOL I trolled around for a couple of hours and missed a couple of fish on the spin doctor and dipsy diver. I finally put the boards away, and put out two diver rods with spin doctors and flies, and stayed with a green and black spoon on the downrigger. At around 9 a.m. I caught a nice coho on a diver rod in about 183 fow with 150' of line out. I soon had its twin in the boat on the other diver rod. Then I caught a nice little skipper king on the spoon. I decided to go with three spin doctors and flies, and changed to two downriggers and one diver rod set out at about 160'. I figured out that the magic depth seemed to be between 160' and 175' so I just trolled in circles in this area. Got a little crazy in the afternoon, and I had a double on the downriggers with an adult king and a coho. Very exciting when you are by yourself. I knew the king was a good fish, so I just concentrated on landing it, and then the Coho was still on the other line when I flopped the king onto the bottom of the boat. I also had a nice 30" steelhead hit my downrigger set down at 50', and give no indication he was on the line until he came flying out of the water behind the boat. That was fun, as he came out of the water another 4 or 5 times! I ended up boating 9 fish on saturday, and kept the nice steelhead and adult king. Saturday morning I was hoping for more of the same. I setup in shallow water again, and just kept my eye on the depth finder, noticing the cold water was in close today. I setup two riggers and a wire diver with the same rigs as yesterday. I am not very good with all of the names for all of the color patterns, but the flies and the spinnys all have green, black, silver and a little white in there. I know one of them was the 42 second color pattern. Anyways when I got out to 85 feet I got a nice rip on the diver rod, but it felt like I pulled it out of its mouth when I grabbed the rod. I circled out to 125' but could not see any marks, so I circled back in shallower again. Heading back north again with the wind, the diver rod really got a violent series of rips, and this time the fish was there, a nice 35" adult king. I caught one more nice 32" king off a downrigger in 95' of water on my next circle around, and then I saw a bunch of nice marks in the 95' range from 90' to 75' down, but could not get any more hits, so I decided to head out at 10:00 a.m. with two nice fish. Overall I am really satisfied with this outing, but wish my hookup percentage was a little better. Hoping to tangle with the infamous Tyee on one of these outings. Oh yeah, all of my fish were packed with 6"-9" alewife. Guess it is time to break out those magnum spoons. :yes:

Big_Kings_on_cooler2.jpg

Big_steelhead_and_salmon_in_cooler.jpg

John,

Thanks for the report. That's some good fishin', sometimes I miss the days of being out by myself in a smaller boat and going 1 on 1 with the kings!! The mag spoons have been working all spring, but not exclusively as the smaller spoon have been taking their share of fish as well.

Thanks Captain Carl. Yeah, I don't have to worry about keeping the customers happy, but it would be nice to have some help during things like doubles!!LOL I am going to have to check out that shallow bite more extensively. I have only caught one Lake Ontario Brown, and I want more!! :yes: