Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:2.0-2.8 mph

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 130-200

Lure Depth: 40-90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Was a slow day for me, was hoping for better since things seemed to be picking up last Sunday. Started in about 130ft pretty much straight out from the river, trolling North. Had the king in the boat within the first 20 mins, came from 70'down on a Dirty White Boy spoon. But it turned out to be the curse of the early fish. Trolled back and forth North-South from 150-200 and couldn't get any rods to pop for well over an hour. Had to fall back on the piss bucket tactic. Seems fish like to bite when you got your fly down and your junk hanging out. Sure enough before I could zip my fly up the 270' wire diver with Atomik Sea Sick Waddler combo starts pumping and I pull in a nice Steelhead. Troll around again for what seems forever with no action, decided to troll into the river and call it a day. Hit about 130 ft and the cheater on the 90' rigger pulls in a small steelhead, don't remember what the spoon was. Can't complain about the steelhead, but I sure wish I could improve on the number of fish that I catch. Just got to keep at it I guess. Happy Father's day to all the fathers out there. :beer:

100_0153.JPG

Hey bub nice job man yea i'm in the same boat. This is my third year having my boat out there and every year that goes by my average goes up by like 1 or 2 fish the last time i went out we got 6 or so which was are best. So just keep grindin bud i know how you feel. Nice pic and ya man i try the bucket trick to. :D

Ditto - second season. We've also been out with Legacy and Jolly II and learned quite a bit but we're still tying it all together. Still need to add down speed and temp for a more repeatable presentation.

Thanks guys. Watching those poles pop and reeling those fish in never gets old so just wishing it happened more often. But I think the frustration, learning and "puzzle" solving is more than half the fun. If it was easy probably get boring real quick. :)

Just added a FishHawk TD so I can get down temps, hopefully I will be able to put that to good use. Wanted to do the whole speed/temp prob thing, but just couldn't swing it this year, maybe next year.

I have noticed, and maybe it is just because of the conditions, but the fish I am catching are averaging much bigger than last year.

Oh ya bud i agree man with the size thing. And yup i wished are rods would go off more to, but i am addicted and i got enough electronics and gear on my boat that i should be able to catch ET :D . But we are still trying to put it all together. Are first year we had so many mechanical breakdowns and i seriously sprained my ankle on the boat trying to get to a rod :no: i look back on it and cant believe how far we have come. Just cant wait till i am one of the guys on here posting 20 some hits and landing a boat load, it will come. My wife is cool and understanding which helps me also. When you guys add the downspeed to your arsenal it will help out tremendously but hell your doing just fine without it bud, keep grinding.