Bass opener

Has Been

Fished Blind Sodus this Weekend & had a blast. Stayed at Shady Shores as we did the last few years. Fishing was very good w/ many largemouths & a few Smallies w a few northerns. . Plastics were the go to 's. Sun morn my buddy hooked somthing large . Played it a few minutes & finally pulled a large snapping turttle to the surface. Great BBQ & shore lunch as usual from my Bro , Soul Ron. Could not have had a better weekend.

How did the guys that targeted lake smallmouth do ? I am curious if the Smallies are making a comeback.

Fished Henderson Harbor opening weekend and we hammered the smallies. There were lots of them and they are BIG!! The goby diet must be working pretty well. Top 5 in the derby were all 5lbs and better.

Has been,

If you stay at Blind Sodus again, Head West out of the channel and look for the Trench in 25 fow. It is just past the Red cottage near the bluff on the West side of the bay in the lake. LOTS of smallies on the drop to the trench. My father stayed in Blind Sodus Bay until this fall at Holiday Harbor. They did really well of smallmouth out there last year all season. They even did some walleye :o .