LOC Summer Derby Question

Was thinking of giving the LOC Derby a try this year and just had a question. On their website the rules and regulations say that for the Summer Derby a salmon must weigh at least 25lbs. But if I look at the current leader board all but two salmon are under 25lbs. Is it 20lbs for the Summer Derby too?

You were probably looking at the spring leader board as the summer derby hasn't started yet.

I know in the fall session the minimum weight is 25 lbs.

Have to check the rules for the summer weight.

I would think it would stay at the 20 lb mark but 100% not sure.

Glen

The summer derby started Saturday, June 16th and the first day leader is already bigger than the Spring Grand Prize winner. This should be fun!

Standings: http://www.loc.org/uploads/Summer2012.pdf

Rule 16: "For the Summer and Fall Derbies, salmon must weigh twenty-five (25) pounds, trout ten (10) pounds." Looks like the posted fish start at 20lbs though - confusing.

Thanks for the correction Mortigan.

Some reason I was thinking next weekend for the start.

Post up if you get a definate clarification on if it's 20 or 25lbs for the summer session as the 20 lb fish on the board would suggest it's 20.

Thanks

Glen

Rule 16 revised on website now. 20lbs for both spring and summer. 25lb is just for fall.

16. Agrees that all trout must weigh a minimum of ten (10) pounds and walleye must weigh a minimum of 8 (8) pounds (Spring Only) and salmon must weigh a minimum of twenty (20) pounds for entry in the Spring and Summer Derbies. Lake Trout must be at least 30 inches long. Only initial measurement by Weigh Master is valid due to imminent shrinkage. For the Fall Derbies, salmon must weigh twenty-five (25) pounds, trout ten (10) pounds.

With the size of the fish this year I wouldn't be suprised to see the whole leaderboard full of 30+ lb fish. Already 2 over 30 and its only day 4.

Not sure about 30 lbs but I wouldn't waste my time weighing anything less than 27 or maybe even 28 lbs. The fish are HUGE already this year and the ones that we have caught are just stuffed with bait most of the time.

26.00 lbs will get you 18th place right now!!! WOW :yes::yes::yes: