Hot Lure: Glow Frog, Carbon14, Dirty White Boy

Trolling Speed: 2.8

Down Speed: 2.4

Boat Depth: 160-220 FOW , 60-70 FOW

Lure Depth: 65, 80 Wires 150 and 175

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Lesson learned.....make sure you enter into the derby.

6 year hooks in to a monster, breaks the surface and looks to be a 10# or better steelhead. He lost and learned that sometimes the fish wins.

We had a steady pick of lakers, steelies and kings out to 220 and back.

The kids called it and wanted to catch browns , so we headed in late and caught two....one on lead the other on a slider DWB.

First was 10.5 on a hand scale, the second was 14.8 on the hand scale.

anyone have suggestions on where to get the big one mounted....I have it in the freezer....going to give it to the kids as a present...

I also took some pix of the boat we were next to for quite some time....he was fighting a fish right after we had one on....so we took pictures in case they wanted them....let me know if you can identify the boat.....

2o-1.jpg

Justin.jpg

3o.jpg

5to.jpg

great fish guys!!! jeff moses in williamson on main street is a great guy to get something mounted. he will work ith you if you need to make payments and garentes his work for life. ive had a king, bass, pearch, coyote rug with the skull in, and a hat made from fox. hes the only guy that my family and friends use. my dad cought a musky up north, put it in a cooler packed with ice for almost a week in july then took it to jeff and i sware it looks like it just came out of the water an hr ago and that as almost 12 years ago

Congratulations on the big browns! You ll never know what could end up in your cooler. Nevertheless, this is a moment to treasure in your family history with or without the derby tickets!

Streeter's did a very nice job with the taxidermy fish for couple of my buddies. I am sure the other suggestions from the board will be helpful as well.

Now, lets get the derby tickets...............

Congrats on the fish and getting the kids out there! Paul Czarnecki (Tristate Taxidermy) is a member of this site and an award winning taxidermist. You won't be disappointed.

Shawn

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

100_0945.jpg

That boat was VOO-DEW 1,my son and i were into it at that time hes only 11 and had a huge laker on and he landed while a 10 plus pound steelie fought itself on the wire till he could get to it.Bolth fish landed! I couldnt take my hands off the wheel for a second without loosing controll of the boat in that heavy south wind,It was fun but couldnt handle the wind got to rough went into the bay and trolled up some sheephead to end the morning.Thanks for the pic of my boat!

100_0944.jpg