Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 29

Total Boated:21

Species Breakdown:Kings, Steelhead and one nice big brown

Hot Lure: Pro king mag spoons :Blue Dolphin, Green Dolphin, Green Killer and my Killer Weed fly

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.0 to 2.2

Boat Depth: 150 to 200

Lure Depth: Varied

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I haven't done a report since last season but last week warranted it.

Spent a few days in Mexico celebrating my daughter's birthday and an early Father's day with my son, daughter and daughter's boyfriend. My son is usually my first mate and regular fishing buddy. My daughter and her boyfriend were new to trolling. My son and I started out the morning trolling spoons. Mostly some pro king magnums and we were doing a mix of steelhead and kings off the riggers and dipseys. Keeping some of the bigger ones and throwing the shaker and skippys back. The right dipsey out 180 with a Pro king Green killer goes screaming like I never heard it scream before. My son says "it's all you dad" he takes the wheel I grab the rod and before your know it I'm at 926 on my line counter with less than 75' of line left. I thought I was going to be spooled. After a 45 minute battle we were able to get the lunker into the boat. My biggest by far this season. it measured 38" and did not have a scale but would have to think he was 30+ lbs. Then shortly afterward the rigger fires and it was a nice heavy fish pulling hard and diving down. Turns out it was a monster brown hitting the cheater no less in 180 FOW. I ws running a Buffalo Bill spoon which is an absolute steelhead killer for me and we got the only brown of the trip and probably the biggest that I have ever boated myself. We landed a few more steelhead and then met up with my daughter and her boyfriend and let them fight the rest of the fish. We quit later afternoon went back to camp to hang out. Slept in the next morning and got out and set up around 10:00. Right back where we left off with some nice acrobatic steelhead and some smaller kings. Then her boyfriend lands the biggest fish he has ever caught only a teenage king but again he's new to it. Then my daughter lands a 26" steelhead. We all enjoyed the aerial show it put on for the whole boat. Then the bite shut down and I started putting on a few flasher/ flys and the green pro troll with the dawn's nappy monkey off the rigger takes a rip and her boyfriend tightened up the drag a little to much. "Snap! see you later. I Couldn't get upset since he's new at it. We knew then to switch over to 1/2 and 1/2 spoons and flies. This time I put out the flies I tied myself in this past season and the worked. I was getting hits and landing fish on them and the spoons were dead. That felt good that they were holding up to some of the hits from the fish. We ended the day with 5 five in the box. The next morning my son and I decide to get up early and out on the lake since we had to be packed up and out of Selkirk by 11:00. We set up at 6:00 off the red building in 160 FOW and we are double up both on my flies. Only out 180 and 150 and we didn't even set another pole yet. It was one nice steelhead and one shaker that we through back. A little longer into the troll we get another steelhead that we boxed. We are now limited out on steelhead and it's not even been an hour. We had a dead peiod of about an hour and then we banged 2 more kings off the riggers down 110 and 120. The were both shakers and threw them back. It's getting close to 9:00 and time to head pack and the rigger down 95' goes for a rip and shortly after silver is jumping out of the water. The steelhead where everywhere in the water column. I purposely did not run cheaters because we had a limit of steelhead, but still got more of them. It turned out that one of the steelhead had a tag on it. I went online to check out the website and it turns out it was from the Credit River Angler's association in Ontario. I reported the data to them. I'm not sure what if anything I'll get for it, but it was pretty cool to know that fish started out north of the border. It's the first tagged fish I had landed before. It was a great time hanging with my kids, something we don't get to do to much of now that they are older. It was also a memorable one for us since we caught some nice fish as well together as a family.

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

Thanks. When are you going to be up again? I'll be up Thursday night. Fishing in the Atomik Challenge this weekend. Maybe I'll see you at Jon's again. LOL. Take care.

Yea Rick, I never made it over to get another off you. My salmon net ended going into the lake. Dang Steelhead got wrapped up around the rigger when he jumped as we were trying to net it. I'm still not 100% sure how it happened but all I saw was my net drifting away. Ended up putting the money towards a new ranger Salmon net which is actually nicer than the one I lost so it worked out for the best I guess. I'll be up this weekend and be sure to get one more off you. The work well.

As far as how deep to fish most anyone on thi site will tell you it depends on the weather pattern, water temps and bait. We were doing all of our fish in 160 to 190 and we were fishing anywhere from 30 to 110 down. Spoons were doing most of our fish on the first 2 days. Then towards the end of the 2nd day out spoons died and I put out a few flashers and they started hitting again. You should always have a mix out until you find what they prefer. My last time up prior to last week was May and all the liked were spoons. It just depends on the fish and what they want that day.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Nice job! It was Good fishing in the Eastern basin over the weekend! The steelhead limit in the lake is part of your salmon and trout limit. Only in the tribs is one.

Took this from the regs for you.

"3 in any combination not to include more than 1 rainbow trout (or steelhead) in the tributaries"

I could have waited till after you fished the A TOM MIK Challenge this weekend... :P:P

Thanks Guys and Thanks for that update on the steelhead info. I'll have to look at those again. I may still be stuck in River mode. At least we still have more steelhead swimming around since I released them to fight another day or until the Atomik Challenge. What ever comes first.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Nice job! It was Good fishing in the Eastern basin over the weekend! The steelhead limit in the lake is part of your salmon and trout limit. Only in the tribs is one.

Took this from the regs for you.

"3 in any combination not to include more than 1 rainbow trout (or steelhead) in the tributaries"

I could have waited till after you fished the A TOM MIK Challenge this weekend... :P:P

I was waiting til Sunday to spring that. Lol

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png