2nd best day on lake onterio?

went outa the oak at 8:00am think i got a slight case of food posioning at a local eatry i never sleep in late and got worse through out the day but i digress ,,started in shallow (20) ft and got 1 king on a peckerhead ok 1 brown slimy king but it did fight pretty good maybe 15 lb ...pulled stuff and moved to buffy waters 27 line droped my first line at 9:30ish and was nonstop till 2:30 it was a much longer time of getting hits than my most fish day but these things were huge and it took forever to get them in about 12;30 i finaly got both rods set without one going off so i got out my sub and started to eat lunch ........wrong i had 2 fish on before i could stuff 1/2 sub in my face finnaly at 2:30 it slowed enuf to set rods and work on buffy zone with a rod fireing still every 5 to 10 min till 4:00 when i quite fishing. I was still getting sicker it was so bad i never opened a beer all day now thats sick.............I've never cought so many steelhead over 10 lb in my life several probly toped 15 lbs and they all were jumpers they were high enuf in the water where they were outa the water 1or 2 times before the release.. the dirt 55 down or/wht tamiron custon made spoon #1 new stinger hammer mag #2,supermam #3. SIGG bad news this is my first trip to the lake without your flys getting fish, the good news is i never got a chance to run them :shock: watermelon,gr dolphin also.......

hate to double post but ya cant get longwinded any more there was only 1 other boat out there and im shure they were spanking em too as they never left . i need to mount a counter for days like that im shure i toped 30 with many doubles would of been a great day to make some videios,motoman...quickest release 3sec after letting go of the rigger switch,most jumps one 4 lbr toped at least 10 jumps with several runs on the surface that thing brought in a dozen seagulls with all the camotion if ya want a hot time on the pond get out there soon.

27 line 400ftish ,55 down was hot with a couple and i mean only 2 kings 1 two yr old and 1 jack6lbs,speed 2.5 to 2.7 not to fussy direction didnt matter either,if ya want run long leads 50 to 100 ft if its calm then thell be outa the water before the release6ft worked 100ft worked them things wernt to fussy. the only mag i ran was the hammer everything else was regular size and smaller,oh yea i ran a 44 sutton silver flutter with orange ladderback on the slider .im shure orange crush would do also .keep the dypsys in the cabin thell only get in the way

yes sounds like movie making time i did well yesterday too hooked 22 kings landing only 7 used some last years line and i was running low so i had too keep the drag tite so i didnt get spooled and was ablie too keep fishing , man i wish i was with you are you feeling better now ? let me now if you want too kill some kings and i am ready too make some steelie vidieos when you are ! john

John ,when i persue game, rather deer of fish i sort of refrain from saying im killing a deer or fish.in reality the fish i keep to eat will die and the deer i shoot to eat also will die i hope,..to use a phrase "kill some kings" im shure was a oversite expessally on a fishing forum where so many get pleasure and make a living at catching and releasing fish of all species. sorry for the lecture ,take it from me ,someone who quite often stickes both feet in my moulth on ocasion in life and on this board choose your words a little more selectifly(if thats a word).if i can finish this a/c -furnace install by wed maybe we can hit the oak and do a steelie vidio. Regards Ray K.

lol, i just say i"m killing em when i am catching a bunch of them ,always catch and release . As far as hunting goes i havent done much !............anyone know of a way i can catch a big buck and let it go now that would be a cool vidieo ! Ray i know your wheels are turning now! john

yea i saw the photo of that beast ,ther are some good browns to be had at the oak usually off the flats is a pretty hot spot in the summer down 60 ft when the temps allow it ,when its flat like it was fri head out to the 27 line if ya got the safty gear due to the haze i lost shore at 4 miles so gps and compass is a good thing. fighting kings was fun all spring and summer but those steelies were a ball out there plus i had the lake to myself well almost there was a few thousand steelhead there too,..............