Cayuga 6/20/12

Launched at Taughannock and went to East shore to 50 fow, Started fishing at 6pm. Trolled north (until we hit weeds then turned back south)w/flatfish on down riggers (bottom) and dipsys 200 ft back with small spoons. Troll speed 2.0-2.2 Boated 8 lakers mostly 15-20" three small salmon also. Had a 40' jet diver with a silver and green flat fish back 180' go screaming. Nice 7lb LL. Ended up keeping a couple lakers and the salmon. Thanks for all the advise I have been reading. I am new to this forum you guys really know your stuff. Overall 14 for 17 and my best evening of fishing trolling. Thanks again for all the reads.

JW

Size F-7 small with one treble. Although the salmon came on the next size up 5 (two trebles). Check your speed with these gotta go slow and run the ball right on bottom. Oh and 20-30' behind ball. Not my credit got the info from old posts....

We are new to the forum as well but appreciate so much the tips and reports.

We bounce around between the big lake and different Finger Lakes, so nice for diversity, but as we know things change so fast, hard to keep track, which is why the reports are so useful.....thanks everyone

Two weeks ago we camped and fished Sandy Creek on the big lake, last week Cayuga (Deans Cove). The fishing there was great. The two of us ran 3 DR 2 Dipseys and one Copper. We limted out by 10 (with throw backs) with very large LT, but amazingly with 10 hits, 8 were from the one wire (300ft). One on the DR and one on the Dipsey (both times while hooked up on the wire). Thought about changing the program to browns and LL, but the with the heat decided to call it a day. The Dipsey was with SD Fly, others all spoons. Best action was about 200 fow, 60 to 70 down. I think if we moved in closer and fished higher in the water column we may have got some browns and LL, but I'm guessing? First time we fished Cayuga this yeAR. I just started last year with the Lead Core and Copper, but from what I have seen on the big lake and the FL, Lead Core, Copper and Dipsey's for outfish the DRs by far. I wish I had swapped onE of DR for lead core, but with all of the action never did.

THanks everyone for the reports.