Hot Lure: Flies

Trolling Speed:2.4-2.6

Down Speed: 2.2-2.6

Boat Depth: 140-225

Lure Depth: 40-80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

By the time I was setting the 3rd rod, the first rod fired. 72' rigger green on green. Fish ran out 300+ feet of line, and then broke off. Just finished setting up my standard 5 rod spread, 2 riggers, 2 dipsy, and a copper down the middle, when a dipsy fired. Mt. Dew e-chip, Hammer fly 155' 2.5 setting. Fish tried running the boat, was straight out to the side, then ran right at me, and got off. By now I was starting to get frustrated, being 0/2, but at least I was hitting fish. Over the next 2 hrs, I only picked up a small brown and a steelie, Then just before we pulled lines, the 72' rigger fired again, green on green. 26lb King, not a bad fish to finish the day. Only wish I had more time to stay out there.

did the knot fail?

wast the line old/frail?

thats heavy duty line to break

Nope, new line this spring, just a big fish. I tried tighting the drag because of the way he was running, I should have left it alone, he would have tired out.

It happens to everyone sooner or later. I lost my favorite flasher fly last week to a screamer. BTW if anyone catches a big king with a green protroll and BW nappy monkey I'd appreciate it if I can have it back.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Gota bite,

If you get a break off , a king with a FF set up the king will fight it till it ezhausted and float on the top and most likely die. there's a good chance of picking him up within a half hour of the break off. You may even see a seagull sitting next to him waiting for it to die. I all ways check floating salmon for hardware. 8)

Gota bite,

If you get a break off , a king with a FF set up the king will fight it till it ezhausted and float on the top and most likely die. there's a good chance of picking him up within a half hour of the break off. You may even see a seagull sitting next to him waiting for it to die. I all ways check floating salmon for hardware. 8)

Thats very true!!! Two years ago I lost one of my favorite set-ups to a screamer then about ten minutes later I saw a fish floating and sure enough there was the fish with my flasher and fly in its mouth it ended up being a huge coho.