I was thinking of fishing out of Fair haven this weekend. Anybody have suggestions where to start? How far out, how deep, whats been hot. It will be my first time back on the big pond for the last two years and I could use the input.

With this heat spell, the water is probably going to warm up fast. Try setting up early in the morning in 80fow pointed north. keep trolling North until you catch or mark suspended fish. If neither and you have a temp probe, keep trolling North until you can find 50 deg water someplace where your riggers can reach it (aka above 120ft). Best of luck!

Nick

With this heat spell, the water is probably going to warm up fast. Try setting up early in the morning in 80fow pointed north. keep trolling North until you catch or mark suspended fish. If neither and you have a temp probe, keep trolling North until you can find 50 deg water someplace where your riggers can reach it (aka above 120ft). Best of luck!

Nick

Hey Nick, I was fishing out of Sodus on Tuesday night and the water was crazy cold for some reason. I was getting 67 on top but only 15 feet down it was 50 degrees and at 25 down it was about 46 degrees. Not sure why. I actually think this sun will do some good unless that cold water moved out.

Welp for the last three days its been hot....take that back real *&* hot!

And I figure fish are like kids. If they really want something they will come running...Kinda like an ice cream truck on a hot summer day. And as hot as it was temp wise I figure I would go out there and put on my most sundae colored nk28's on and give it a shot.

What you want to do is start out at 100 feet and drop the ball down 100. Go north to about 220 to 250 and turn around. You will spot browns up around 70 and kings down around that 100 mark. As you progress out to 220 bring the balls up to around 70 and kings are there.

I spent two hours out there and lets just say Im glad I brought my ice cream lol...

If you want to see the video I made click the link below it may take a few minutes to open but I think you will like the results:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23274091/ice%20cream%20man.wmv

A front moves in tonight it may change it up a bit.

Wayne I was out of Pultneyville Tuesday and I noticed Frigid water (52 to 54) on the inside till 150fow and there was a Sweet Scumline.... Just the other side of this line the Water Temp raised to 63 Degrees.....