water fleas on line

If you get them on your line: with a "clump about" 10-15 from your rod tip, put the tip about 6" in the water then snap it upward as fast as you can. Fleas will get cut right off. DO NOT slap your rod tip against the surface of the water. That's a good way to break your rod.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

If you get them on your line: with a "clump about" 10-15 from your rod tip, put the tip about 6" in the water then snap it upward as fast as you can. Fleas will get cut right off. DO NOT slap your rod tip against the surface of the water. That's a good way to break your rod.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I always slap the rod tip when I have a fish on, never had one break on me. How hard are you slapping that thing :) The water isn't frozen is it? :lol:

LongLine's way works also, but make sure you don't do it with a fish on!

Nick

FF 20# is also my suggestion. Peel off around 120' off you mainline, replace 100' with ff then add 20' or so of a good leader line 15 or 20#. The ff knots nicely with your mainline/leader material. Only fleas you'll pickup is on your leader material if you have to long of length added. This has worked for me for many years. Good fishin!

Don't slap a wire line on the surface, only mono or braid.

I found my wash down hose is good at removing fleas on swivels and other confined areas. They seem to let go and "go with the flow".

great idea with the wash down hose, can't wait to try it on those pesky little buggers 8)

Reeled in a laker last night 175 down and 30 back - the fleas were horrible off I-Bay. Sticking the pole tip under water and flicking up cleared them just enough to go back to reeling for a while. Had to stop half a dozen times over twenty minutes to clear the line - pig just did NOT want to come in easy.