Ruff Rider Live Report 6/23-6/24

Nice fish Nick!! Wish I was out there again today!! C'mon, let's see that 30+ pounder hit the deck!! :clap:

I still cant believe how good the fishing is this year and the fish are getting bigger each weekend!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Ruff Rider is on the board!!! Well it was in 3rd when we weighed it, already dropped to fourth. 13lbs even, probably would still be in third if we had run in and weighed it rather than waiting a few hours, but not a big deal. I'm pretty sure it will drop a few more spots over the next month, but maybe stay top 10? Then again, maybe I'll catch one bigger ;)

13lb_steelie_2012Jun24.jpg

The fish came on a dalmation spin doctor (the larger one) with a Big Weenie "Dawn's Nappy Monkey" fly, 500' copper over ~180 fow.

It was another amazing day of fishing out of Sodus. The weather didn't cooperate Saturday and it was tough out there today with Theresa being under the weather and not able to help much. My arms are beat. A couple of 500ft copper fish will do that to you :) Now for the long drive home. We won't be up next weekend due to a wedding :@ But I'm hoping to make the 4th a long weekend.

If anyone is wondering if they should fish now or August, get out there! I full expect the fishing to continue to be great through July and August, but so far this is one of those years you will tell your Grandchildren about.

Nick

Nice steelhead........hard to believe its only 13lbs....Looks bigger!!

good job!

It's all about how you hold it lol :lol: It was 31" long, but looked like 45" in the way the pic came out haha.

So I noticed again this weekend that the fleas build up on the wire and lighter mono and even swivels, but my powerpro was completely clean? Anyone have any idea why in the world that would be?

Nick

It was off my copper... guess I won't complain as long as it doesn't happen :)

Now ok fess up... who was this... 40 sec mark, they took off like a bat out of hell bang bang BOOM! Got some serious air, probably would have broken my back! Looked like their front swim ladder flipped up and out of the boat lol... slow down cowboy!

ycbMHeC7Pig&feature=plcp

Nick

nice steelie, congrats. i radioed you sunday from MISS LIZZY but just as you answered we hit a tripple, small steelie, skippy, and an 18 lb king. had my hand full and a big mess in the end. i forgot to call back, sorry.

nice steelie, congrats. i radioed you sunday from MISS LIZZY but just as you answered we hit a tripple, small steelie, skippy, and an 18 lb king. had my hand full and a big mess in the end. i forgot to call back, sorry.

Glad I brought you some luck! A triple is better than talking to me any day lol

Nice steelhead........hard to believe its only 13lbs....Looks bigger!!

good job!

It's all about how you hold it lol :lol: It was 31" long, but looked like 45" in the way the pic came out haha.

:yes: LOL

As for sea fleas....i have no idea, but I was having a ton of problems with the 15lb test on my riggers last weekend...I stopped using my sliders, because it was SOOOOOO bad I could not go 15 minutes without cleaning them. I took some line off and added 250+ feet of 30lb Trilene Big Game, with a 20 foot lead and ran sliders all day yesterday with almost NO sea fleas. My diver rods were coated just above the dipsy, but that was all, the riggers were basically clean. So not sure what it was, or why, but since I know the sea fleas were still there and it was not on my rigger lines, i have to believe that the diameter of the 30lb test was the difference.

Jason