Sodus predictions this weekend

====================

Seems the last two weekends were fire, then ice. Fished out of Sodus Bay both weekends, two weeks ago having a glorious bite, and then last weekend, not so much. Quite a shift in the weather patterns last night and it looks like tomorrow will be a beautiful day, with winds NW. Anybody willing to make some predictions for the big day tomorrow??

I have a few friends coming up from PA, and I am sure we will have a great weekend, just being able to get out fishing together, but then again, I would love to get them hooked into some Lake Ontario fury, they haven't had that experience yet. Fish or no fish I look forward to being out there and I will be tuned in listening to how you guys are doing, that also has been a joy the last few weeks. Also hope the lake is kind this weekend, I have a 16.5' Lowe, and heavy waves can be rough on her. Last Sunday was definately a challenge for my solo trip!

So what do you think? Do we have the makings of a good bite this weekend?? This work day can't end soon enough.....

====================

Well I will be out there this weekend at somepoint. I totally understand what you mean on the bite between the weekend of june 8-10th when it was hard to keep a rod in the water and doubles were frequent....to last weekend 15-17 when the NE blow did what it always does and shuts down the fishing. Not that you don't get fish here and there, but the bite changes totally.

As for waves, not sure if you look at the NOAA sites or not...but its looking pretty good for the weekend. Winds will be calming down later tonight/tomorrow, but there maybe rollers left for a little bit tomorrow. Sunday it might get choppy again, but sometimes off shore wind is less, as the temps of the lake keep it from getting too whipped up. Overall I think you will be fine.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... 063&zflg=1

I think the bite will be okay to good this weekend. I think the fish will more active after this last front came across overnight and knocked the temps down a bit. There are no full moons, so no overnight feeding that will fill their belly's, so i am thinking early morning bite will be good. SEA FLEAS however seem to be a huge issue, so pull your lines frequently to clean, especially if your using cheaters or sliders.

Good luck!!!!

J

It was definately tough last weekend with the chop, just don't tell my wife what it was like! I usually keep updated by the NOAA site, great information off there, but at times, the conditions can be a little more than they predict.

I plan to be launching as early as possible (5ish) and heading straight out. Thought I would be alone at the launch last Sunday morning, but got there at 5 and had to wait in line! Must have been 15-20 boats waiting for a bass tournament kickoff (I presume). Will be easier this weekend with extra bodies going out with me, not quite sure how I handled the boat and pulled lines last weekend, it was rough. But I made sure to get off the lake with the rest of you, no sense risking it by myself.

Looking forward to a good morning, see you out there.

Will do, I have been tuned into channel 9 the last few weekends. Been fun listening to the reports and 'Hook-ups". I will let you guys know if I am doing any good, or not doing at all!!

See you out there in the morning!!

Should be back out Sunday :yes: long as the 3yr old's 103 fever is gone and my 9mo. pregnant wife doesnt go into labor :o

The fever I can understand, but it's not like there's anything for you to do while the wife delivers... might as well go fishing :o

Nick

Should be back out Sunday :yes: long as the 3yr old's 103 fever is gone and my 9mo. pregnant wife doesnt go into labor :o

The fever I can understand, but it's not like there's anything for you to do while the wife delivers... might as well go fishing :o

Nick

:rofl::lol::yes:

Hi, I went out friday for awhile ,fished the afternoon. Most of the fish were at the 130-160 mark down about 100. I had five on ,boated zip.Well it was a shake down trip checking my new depth raider.It worked ok under 100 ft. but shut off when it went deeper. I was realy suprised when it said i was only going 1.5 ,it seemed more like 2.5 at the surface. I was trolling east.All the hits were at 105-110.Magnum slamers ,black widow and blue dolphin. No hits on the spin doctors or flys.T o make it more difficult my paper graph died,broken belt. It was a sitex and that belt was orginal after all these years.Had to rely on my lowrance flasher for depth and picture.

Well hope to out later today if the lake lays down.

I ended out off boulder and took a bouncey ride back to port. :@

One good thing was trolled 4 hours and used maybe 2 gallons on the kicker and maybe four on the 120.

Good luck sunday,looks like a good day to fish.