Seneca 6-22 -23-24- ?? - 2012

Seneca 6-22 -23-24- ?? - 2012

On the water at 7:30 am went to west side just past the 600' hole and set up three riggers and three color core.........some what weedy ......worked into 100' or so and went north working the shoals , picked up a sub-legal bow.......made move out deeper and back south ....... picked up a sub-legal landlock.......... worked in less the 100' popped a sub-legal landlock then ran into a mine feild of weed pods......also that area most of the water in closer to shore was a brow/green color looked like what a small pond would after it worked just before summer ??????.........anyway ran back across lake a some what south set up and worked north ........nothing only weeds pulled lines at 2 ish and headed in for some food and out of the heat...........lake was set up on the west side but could not get a program going.........back on the east side my battery died on the X4 so not sure what was going on.......surface temp west side 70* no fleas yet !!!!

More to come for the 23rd , 24th , and maybe the 25th......

Boy rabbit you feeling ok? You will get those fish figured out you always do. I have to tell you I'm surprised you don't have spare batteries with that well stocked boat of yours. Good luck

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks guys ,

Out at 6ish this am fished west side north of yesterdays plan...........picked up 2 sub-legal bows a legal landlock a 22" lakers and a sub legal brown....wind changed pushed weeds into area so we work north then over too the east side......picked up a 22" rainbow and a 24" laker.......ran all spoons and just three riggers with all the weeds .......best down depth was 51'.............LOTS of dead bullhead , some good size perch , and some smallmouth ?????? Ran into the green/brown water again north of Long Point ????? Weeds bad in the area............. 7 for 7 for the day getting a bit better with 4 keepers today !!!!!!!!

Rabbit Im. sure that you will come up with a program .Hopefully by the time I finally get up to camp. I liked skip jacks saying about your fully stocked boat. Sounds like he hasn't got over the middle of the lake spoon auction last fall yet !! I thought it was the best. Boo hoo skip jack

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Launched at 3pm lake was loaded with boats... went west side by american flag and marked lots of bait and fish in 50-75 fow picked up a decent salmon on a black and purple custom spoon (small) lost him at boat :( Trolled back through area and caught a sub 7" salmon really?Plus another dink salmon. Both on green flat fish. Then we crossed lake and trolled toward the south ended up picking up a nice brown 20" on a blue stinger 50' down in 80 fow. This lake is tough marked so many nice fish they looked active on bait if we were in Cayuga we surely would have limited. Can someone enlighten me on what the difference is??? Boat traffic was terrible and the weeds were even worse. Glad I am not trying to guide out there....

6-24

On the water early went to stopping point from the day before and set up trolling north...........wind kept kicking up more and I just could not get good cable angles for a good troll..............but hardheaded me just kept going north just about at Samson it dropped enough so I had good cable angle..............but could not get a rod to move..............pulled every thing up and went across set up and went south...............weedy but fish were much nicer to us..............boated 6 a dink rainbow , 15 " landlock and boxed a 19" rainbow , 21" rainbow , 18" laker and a 29.75" 8# laker........

Fished my yak Sat early a.m. for a couple of hours out of Starlkey Point. Weeds were bad and got nada. Marked lots of fish South of Starkey. Lots of dead bullheads floating and weeds. Are these bullheads post spawn. Couple of live ones mear the dock and they looked narly, sort of like post spawn kings.

I"m not sure and no one has replied , there are LOTS and LOts of dead bullheads with a mixture of smallmouthbass and good size perch AND that green/brown water color !!!!!!!...................I didn't hear any thing about the lympre treatment this year BUT !!!!!!!!!!

Rabbit,

Thanks for all the detailed reports, sounds like the lake is not being easy these days. I was hoping to get today/tomorrow, but that wind forecast is a little much for my 16.5 footer. I haven't seen the water you're mentioning, but it sounds like algae of some sort??? Maybe that effected 02 levels resulting in fishkill, just my armchair diagnosis.

Jon

I heard on the radio today that the state is trying to figure out what tribs are contributing to the high phosphorous level along the shoreline of Lake Ontario which is causing algae blooms close to shore. Water clarity is definitely different on Seneca from 2 weeks ago. Temp was 69 degrees. Nice for swimming but.................

The Sunday Finger Lakes Times reported that the head of the Waterloo water treatment plant (north end of Seneca) said that he had never seen the drinking water taste so bad in 26 years as he did last week. Sounds like algae because of warm water and strong winds was the culprit.

Thanks that could be the color deal it was only in two spots on the west side..................not sure about all the dead fish.....break down small amount of SMBass could very well be spawn.........large perch ???? wasn't spawn over with awhile ago ??? bullhead 10 t0 12 one day and over 20 the next and they were in very bad decay so they were dead for some time !!!!!! not sure that and also just have a gut feel that the brown/green water and these dead fish are NOT connected BUT have no way to prove any of what I have said other than they were dead for a while !!!!!

Thanks for all the replies !!!!

It's be crazy ruff out there today and yesterday so I have NOT been back out to see what going on now !!!!!