Honeoye Bass

BSmaster

True for the traffic. This used to be one of the best smallmouth lakes around, and has always been known for the buckets. I caught a nice 6 1/2lb brute biggie there and have seen bigger. And a nice 5lb. smallie (scale weight) on a bright yellow grub body 1/8 oz jig in mud brown water which had been stirred up by wind and rain about 4 years ago...In early spring before tons of pleasure craft hit the water, we used to regularly pick dozens of beautiful smallies right next 2 shore all along the north and east shores... really easy and fun...on grub tailed jigs. That seems to have slowed down in recent years. But, perhaps we have not gotten out as early in the year, though. All were released of course. Mostly largemouths these days, and walleyes, too. Nothing wrong with that! :yes:

Nice LM BSmaster ! How was Honeoye..busy?

Tom

Tom,

I thought it was busy. There was only two instances where we got crowded. And to be honest, this is a nice family lake so I wouldn't expect any different. There is a guy up there with a Donzi (sp) that needs to tone it down. Lake is too small and too busy to be going over 50mph on. I would fish it again but I think I am gonna wait for bad weather next time. This is the same thing you get on Conesus and Keuka. Fun to fish for large mouths. smallies were hard to find.

U should have been there when the guy would land and take off his floatplane there. Kept it down by California Pt. And there is always some guy tooling around in a big, noisy water skiing type craft.. Is that what you were referring to as a "Donzi"? Always a good warm water fish lake though.

REALLY nice bass BS.

I have been to Honeoye with the kids a few times..very nice lake for panfishin and tossin for bass.

I cannot picture a boat like that DONZI? flyin around that place :@ ..man alot of families in 12ers bobber fishin in there

He needs to move that rig to Seneca ;)

I was on keuka Saturday, not to fish but just to enjoy a day on the water with the friends. The lake was bare, couldn't believe it. Barely anyone out there. Would have been a great day for fishing. Awesome bass by the way. I'm looking to put one on the wall this summer

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

There's a couple locals that feel the need for speed - cars, boats and bikes. I used to work with one of the guys and I hunt halfway up the hill above West Lake Rd. When it gets cold in the fall, the lake traffic clears out and they start racing their boats - goes from peaceful to deafening REAL fast.

Kueka, like all the fingers, can be an awesome bass lake, for both species....I had the biggest smallie I have ever seen on my line, right at shore's edge. I was taking a break from rebuilding an old dock with a friend for someone who had a place a ways down from Kueka College, on the west side of the east branch. They had a small rowboat with a beat old pole with baitcasting, level wind and some I don't know how heavy braided line. A small "tackle" box with a couple of baits, including 1 lonely blue plastic worm and a couple of rusty hooks. I jumped in the boat, tied on the worm and went out about 10 ft from the shore. The depth dropped off immediately to "out of sight' depths... maybe 60ft or more. I just dropped the worm down to some undetermined depth till it went out of sight and began to jiggle it around not expecting a thing. Then something took it and I began to work up a nice and unexpected 2lb smallie. 4 fish of up to 3+ lbs. or so and I was lovin' my little lunch break! U could see the fish coming up in the clear water against the sandy drop off. Then something REALLY BIG took the worm. And I saw it as it was coming up. About what seemed like 10 min. later I could see it... the biggest smallie I ever saw! And of course the line parted when it was almost to the surface and I watched it slowly swim back down with the blue worm in it's face....Back to work!