Hot Lure: see below

Trolling Speed: 2.6-3.7 sog

Down Speed: consistently 2.5 Subtroll

Boat Depth: 150-200

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished today with my good pal Anthony (PikeHunter) and my brother Kev and we had one of my best days ever on the water. Headed out early to find 1-2 footers building later in the morning to 2-3'. Dropped our first two rods and we knew it was going to be a good day when we had a fish on 5 minutes in. Non stop action the entire morning for us - we wound up trolling the furthest east I've ever fished from I-Bay, almost to Ginna. The best depth seemed to be around 180' and we hit a very nice pocket of steelhead to keep us busy the first few hours. After that it was king city, with many hits including 5 fish around 15-17#.

For us the name of the game was speed,speed, speed. If we could keep the Subtroll at 2.5, we had hits. The best trolling direction was actually going east with the waves.

We wound up keeping seven fish as it seemed like they were really beat after wire and copper battles.

We only fished five rods - two divers, one 600' copper, and two riggers but it was all we could handle rigging in the waves with all the action as we had many double-ups.

The following all caught fish:

42 second NK rigger 115' of cable out

NBK slider on the 85' rigger

DW SS Gator 85' rigger - very hot

275' wire Green dot Spinny/ A-Tom-Mik treen Hammer Fly

250' wire Green Nuclear Spinny/ A-Tom-Mik 42 sec. Fly

275' wire 42 sec Spinny/42 sec Fly

600' Copper Live wire Spinny/ A-Tom-Mik mirage fly - very hot

We didn't have to change much today except for changing out whole alewives for a SD/Fly

Once again, I am so thankful for this incredible fishery and for a great day on the water with Anthony and Kev - as always good luck to all,

Chris

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

Ahoy Captain Chris!

I wanted to chime earlier however I just got back home last night after my trip to NYC and Long Island. After we fished last Saturday, my arms were so tired and I barely could keep my arms up on the steering wheel for a 6 hours drive.

In a few words, I am very fortunate to share this exciting fishing experience with you and your bro Kevin. 20 plus catches is nothing to sneeze at.

After covering the grounds way way east of I-Bay, we can verify that the fish were there indeed!

Looking forward to catching more fish with you and your bro! Thank you for the great time on your boat.

Anthony

We're going to try to copy you tonight. Figure with a couple days on wind it's anybody's guess but we're going to set up around 120, head NE and look for bait. No downtemp so we'll fish the bottom third, running 2 cheated riggers, two wire dipsies, some divers off the boards and I may play with the torpedo divers. Better than working :clap: