Hot Lure: Green dot on white spinny and Attomik Hammer

Trolling Speed: 2.5 - 3.8

Down Speed: 2.25 - 3

Boat Depth: 70 - 180

Lure Depth: 40 - 120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Another good day of fishing at the OAK. Fished today with FISHINMAN Tom and friend Bob and despite a "comedy of errors" which had me say "10 more minutes of this sh#&*% and I'm headin in" :o Glad we stayed out though because we'd a missed out on some good fishing. We started east of port in 70fow and pointed her ENE. We set up with 2 wire divers pulling spinnies and flies, corner riggers with an NK SSW and Moonshine Carbon 14 and free sliders at 55 and 65 and the center rigger at 45. It took awhile for our first fish which was a football brown on the 65 rigger with a Moonshine Carbon 14. That lure would go on to take a 10.5lb domestic rainbow later that we weighed in at Narby's. The temps and currents were all over the place and after free sliders and rigger lines getting tangled we eliminated the center rigger. Once we got to the Glass House we turned around and headed for deeper water and on the turn, picked up another nice brown. When we hit 130+fow, the starboard wire diver that I just let out to 300' gets wacked, starts screamin out line and the hot set up of the day accounts for a 23+king. That wound up to be our biggest fish of the day. We did run a 200 copper and 6 color lead core off the boards with a variety of orange spoons for steelies and we did pick up a couple of fish and a few hit and misses. At one pont the port rigger rod fires with a Carbon 14 which Tom "promptly" grabs and "battles" what I'm hoping is a trophy Lake Trout, but turns out to be 10.5lb domestic bow that fought like a Laker! meanwhile, I'm fighting another king on the hot wire rig and Bob is trying to keep the boat straight so we can avoid another "tangled mess", so Tom hands the rod off to me so he can net his lakerbow. We caught fish right up until 11:30 when we pulled lines. The best temps were 110' of rigger cable out and most of our fish came from 100' +. Another great day on the water with lots of laughs!

OAK_6_22_12_5.jpg

OAK_6_22_12_3.jpg

OAK_6_22_12_2.jpg

OAK_6_22_12_4.jpg

OAK_6_22_12_1.jpg

Shawn

:wait::thinking: Actually Ray I didn't that was just the guy setting the wire and rigger on the other side of the boat. Not sure what the problem was I just tried to ignore him :lol: and get my side set.

That was a beautiful fish, it's ashame it didn't have the rest of it's tail :( might have been why it fought so darn weird couldn't "kick"

great day om the water again :yes:

Yep - it sure took longer than usual to get things deployed on my side :( 75fow - let dipsey out, 2.5 setting, to 190' on the line counter(full spool of 30lb wire - Ray ;) ), put in holder, look over and it's tripped :o Reel it in, re-set, 79fow, let out 200' of wire and it's hitting bottom - explains the false release! Dipsey trips, reel it in, fly manages to hook anything it can in the boat while trying to re-deploy :$ . Re-deploy dipsey, 82fow, 190' on the line counter. All set :clap: Set up rigger and as I'm send it down, look over and dipsey is tripped again :devil: Reel it in, catch fly on a half dozen things in the boat, tighten dipsey release screw and re-deploy. That dipsey F/F set-up was the hot ticket for the day :rofl: Go figure! One of those days where that little bas@*%&$d "Murphy" was hiding in the boat somewhere. If something could get tangled - it did. We cut a lot of line and re-tied a lot of leaders, snaps and swivels, but fortunately didn't lose a fish due to a tangle so all was good in the end :clap: Looks like I'll have to re-read Ray's post on dipsey line counters and perform some CSI work :lol:

Shawn

Murphy" was hiding in the boat somewhere.

I didn't realize Tom changed his name. :thinking:

Easy there ice auger repair man :lol: I've been on for the "most part" the last few trips :yes:

Shawn pretty much explained that first 30-40 minutes to the T :D

I understood his frustration from the entire week :( and didn't give him a hard time. He did have the hot fly sent once noon rolled around and he finally got his wire in the water to stay :rofl:

I did mention in passing that we should have gone back in used the Ray K theory and stripped all the wire and backing off. Then measure the wire by holding it across the parking lot and marking it every 7.29 feet then multiply that by 6.385 then divide that by how tall Ray is (4'6") and subtract the thickness of the spool plus the number of letters in the reel manufactures name then add the total numbers of the date in which we were doing this times the year the reel was manufactured then figure out how many inches of material were used to make Mark aka Skipper19's pink G string he wears while fishing total all that up and we would get the number of feet down to wire out ratio and then head back out so that we would catch a fish. If we had any line break we could have gone in and done it all over again then too. As it turned out we only had 18+ bites that morning netting 15. :thinking: Damn it we should have gone in back in Shawn :lol:

Murphy" was hiding in the boat somewhere.

I didn't realize Tom changed his name. :thinking:

Easy there ice auger repair man :lol: I've been on for the "most part" the last few trips :yes:

Shawn pretty much explained that first 30-40 minutes to the T :D

I understood his frustration from the entire week :( and didn't give him a hard time. He did have the hot fly sent once noon rolled around and he finally got his wire in the water to stay :rofl:

I did mention in passing that we should have gone back in used the Ray K theory and stripped all the wire and backing off. Then measure the wire by holding it across the parking lot and marking it every 7.29 feet then multiply that by 6.385 then divide that by how tall Ray is (4'6") and subtract the thickness of the spool plus the number of letters in the reel manufactures name then add the total numbers of the date in which we were doing this times the year the reel was manufactured then figure out how many inches of material were used to make ______!!!!!!MY pink G string THAT I wear!!!!!!_______ while fishing total all that up and we would get the number of feet down to wire out ratio and then head back out so that we would catch a fish. If we had any line break we could have gone in and done it all over again then too. As it turned out we only had 18+ bites that morning netting 15. :thinking: Damn it we should have gone in back in Shawn :lol:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

EDITED BY TOM THE FISHINMAN....:rofl::itwasntme: