I waited for dad to get out of work and headed out to oswego and got on the water a little after 2

went straight out to 300 feet of water and the seas were very rough for my 19 footer and continued to get rougher..

we had trouble keeping normal speed because every time we went down hill on a wave we would gain speed and pop the releases

Anyway we hit one king in the first 10 mins then a few hours later we doubled up on 2 steelhead the biggest being around 8-9lbs

decent results given the struggles we had it was pretty miserable out there

I waited for dad to get out of work and headed out to oswego and got on the water a little after 2

went straight out to 300 feet of water and the seas were very rough for my 19 footer and continued to get rougher..

we had trouble keeping normal speed because every time we went down hill on a wave we would gain speed and pop the releases

Anyway we hit one king in the first 10 mins then a few hours later we doubled up on 2 steelhead the biggest being around 8-9lbs

Sounds like you had your hands full, in that stuff.

Sounds like you had your hands full, in that stuff.

Same troubles this morning. Very rough 1-2 footers with nasty currents. Unstable speed. Riggers kept popping. Had my planer mast ripped out of the seat post mount. Luckily windshield was open and my buddy caught it before it knocked me overboard. Mangled up a 300 copper too. Shoulda stayed home.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Same troubles this morning. Very rough 1-2 footers with nasty currents. Unstable speed. Riggers kept popping. Had my planer mast ripped out of the seat post mount. Luckily windshield was open and my buddy caught it before it knocked me overboard. Mangled up a 300 copper too. Shoulda stayed home.

I had a wave push me sideways to fast during a turn and my dipsey went right across the back and tangled everything...... this was with brand new wire on.. I was so pissed $50 down the drain but i saved it

You don't need to fish that deep to get kings now. We did teenagers and a few majors in 140 to 170. 170 FOW off catfish creek was the spot for us. We had rods firing all morning. I share your pain on the waves. It was rough trying to navigate and land fish in that, but were able to do so on Friday and Saturday. It wasn't as fun when it's calm. but was interesting and productive to say the least.

You don't need to fish that deep to get kings now. We did teenagers and a few majors in 140 to 170. 170 FOW off catfish creek was the spot for us. We had rods firing all morning. I share your pain on the waves. It was rough trying to navigate and land fish in that, but were able to do so on Friday and Saturday. It wasn't as fun when it's calm. but was interesting and productive to say the least.

I shot out that far because a buddy said thats where they ere hitting them in the morning and the only boats we saw on the water were also out there

I had a wave push me sideways to fast during a turn and my dipsey went right across the back and tangled everything...... this was with brand new wire on.. I was so pissed $50 down the drain but i saved it

Lol...damn waves! I've mangled a wire reel, 500 copper and a 300 so far. I did save remaining 200 of the 500. Gonna hopefully splice em with a spro.

One of the guys was telling me he had just rigged a new wire pole and then had a tree catch the swivel and spool him on the way home. I just want to avoid ever having to tell my wife how I lost $50 - $100 worth of gear - I'd never get her out of the makeup store. :(

One of the guys was telling me he had just rigged a new wire pole and then had a tree catch the swivel and spool him on the way home. I just want to avoid ever having to tell my wife how I lost $50 - $100 worth of gear - I'd never get her out of the makeup store. :(

also I got some great advise on here... during our steelhead double we ended up making a mess out of one of the lines with a fish on and I had to make the decision to cut it away and in the process found out the line with the fish was tied up also and got cut so fish gone!

I had just read on here the day before that fish that make longer run and break people off end up floating for a little bit so I kept my eye open off the back and we saw him floating with our flasher and fly!!! we made a quick turn and went back and got him in the net 3 feet down as he was struggling and had the flasher to try pulling with him!!

Success!

I think that qualifies you, for hazardous duty pay.

Wow.

also I got some great advise on here... during our steelhead double we ended up making a mess out of one of the lines with a fish on and I had to make the decision to cut it away and in the process found out the line with the fish was tied up also and got cut so fish gone!

I had just read on here the day before that fish that make longer run and break people off end up floating for a little bit so I kept my eye open off the back and we saw him floating with our flasher and fly!!! we made a quick turn and went back and got him in the net 3 feet down as he was struggling and had the flasher to try pulling with him!!

Success!

ROADKILL!!!! :lol: